Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 McCain is a Conservative 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    so apparently McCain isn't a Maverick an is a conservative...could have fooled me over the last 10-15 years

The Arizona Republican with a reputation as a maverick has seemed to go back on earlier stands. In an interview, he says he's unchanged.
    What has happened to John McCain?

This month, the Arizona Republican reacted angrily when the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff came out for scrapping the military's "don't ask, don't tell" rule on homosexuals -- even though McCain earlier said he'd follow the commanders' advice on the issue.

Before that, McCain voted against a bipartisan proposal for a deficit reduction commission, even though he initially was one of the measure's co-sponsors. The vote was a jab at President Obama, who had endorsed the idea to show that he was serious about reducing the deficit.

So has McCain, the Republican maverick who bucked his party's leaders to launch bipartisan legislation on campaign finance reform, turned back into a partisan conservative?

Not really. He's always been a partisan conservative -- most of the time.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...6031758.column

Banned
    McCain is not my kinda conservative. He is a RINO who has done the Repub party a great deal of harm with his campaign reform bill that puts R. candidates at a great disadvantage. Trying to change stripes now is a futile attempt to save his senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    McCain is not my kinda conservative. He is a RINO who has done the Repub party a great deal of harm with his campaign reform bill that puts R. candidates at a great disadvantage. Trying to change stripes now is a futile attempt to save his senate seat.
    McCain has his own party, he is a media hound and has a daughter that is following in his footsteps.

yeah, but she is hot...and she isn't a politican, just a talking head

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    If she jacks those boobs any higher she will be looking out from between them!:D

Hot? She's too chunky to be hot. Cute I can give her but not hot.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

eh, to each their own, i don't have issues with cruves/little extra weight...

eh, to each their own, i don't have issues with cruves/little extra weight...
    Neither did I when I was in high school and bigguns stand up on their own. The first time I saw nipples that pointed down I swore off the bigguns. *shudder*
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Its election year. And Mac is up for re-election among Conservatives who are angry with him being too much a Maverick. So its time to re-create him self as a stanch Conservative. He may save his seat by a slim margin, but he's fighting a tough fight.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    John McCain is pro-life. I've done the research, and I'll give him that.

But his push for granting "guest worker" (a.k.a. AMNESTY) status for illegal aliens just made me SICK!

And now. BOTH his own wife and his own dauighter now support the NO-H8 campaign to overturn the will of the people of California, by nullifying Prop. 8, where Califonians voted nearly 2-1 to define marriage solely between ONE man and ONE woman, via judicial fiat!!

Although abortion tops my list of important social issues, these other two issues which McCain and his family are on the opposite side are almost enough for me to say that John McCain might not be such a bad loss after all.