Thread: McCain is a Conservative

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    he just needs to fade away.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    he just needs to fade away.
    won't happen. Power is just too much fun for him.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    McCain has his own party, he is a media hound and has a daughter that is following in his footsteps.
    Yeah, as an Airhead Progressive in the vein of the Bull Moose. Pass.

And what's with Politicians' families being idiots? How the hell could that moron CC Goldwater be related to the greatest Politician since Abe Lincoln?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

http://www.newswithviews.com/Emord/jonathan118.htm

If you had any doubt about whether John McCain is a limited government conservative, you may put that doubt to rest—he is not. On February 3, 2010, John McCain introduced to the United States Senate the Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010. Reflecting upon this poorly written bill, I am struck by the fact that John McCain apparently sees little difference between fissile material and dietary supplements. He is intent on regulating supplements as if they were radioactive enriched uranium rather than bioactive vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and botanicals that more often than not help people.

The Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 enjoys support from the most liberal members of Congress. It is an invitation for the FDA to assume broad new powers and replicate here the system now operating in Europe over dietary supplements where dietary ingredients are presumed adulterated and unlawful to sell unless pre-approved by the government. In short, good bye free enterprise, good bye limited government, and hello more heavy handed, arbitrary and punitive FDA bias against the beleaguered dietary supplement industry. Yes, this is the same John McCain who unsuccessfully tried to rally Reagan Republicans on the notion that he was the true Reagan clone. If you believed that rhetoric, let me assure you, John McCain is no Ronald Reagan. He is very wide of the mark of that great man.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    what an idiot, to give the FDA MORE power at a time like this, espcially when he's up for reelection and we've got other things to worry about than suppliments. on top of that this POS would put places like GNC out of buisness cuz they're suppliers would have to raise prices after they have to go get things tested by the FDA. Suppliments can't claim to heal or fix anything, this is just another way to make things into drugs and have them regulated...idiot

He lost me with McCain-Feingold & amnesty.
    “The several states composing the United States of America are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their general government”~~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TxTenther View Post
    He lost me with McCain-Feingold & amnesty.
    He lost me with the gang of 14. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    He lost me with the gang of 14. :mad:
    what i don't understand was why didn't the rest of the GOP start harping on him for that...they had SOOOO much ammo against the guy and almost none of it was used

You forget that the MSM picked McCain as their candidate and slanted coverage in favor of him until he was the nominee. There were plenty of us speaking this things out - we just didn't get press coverage.

oh i meant the other canidates, i know the media chose Him...i don't think the base will allow that to happen again