Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    oh i meant the other canidates, i know the media chose Him...i don't think the base will allow that to happen again
    The base didn't have a choice.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    He lost me with the gang of 14. :mad:
    He lost me with the Keating 5. Probably before your time though.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    base didn't have a choice cuz we didn't think it was going to happen till it did

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    base didn't have a choice cuz we didn't think it was going to happen till it did
    Most states had no choice. The early stated which have open primaries and were astro-turfed and they voted for McCain - that early lead set the stage for the rest so that by the time it came to states like PA - we had no choice. The staggered primary/caucus system allows the early states in combination the biased MSM to foist a candidate on us that was unacceptable. It of course doen't help that there were so many other candidates dividing the conservative vote who were mostly in themselves unacceptable in their own ways so that no one conservative candidate took the lead in the field. *sigh*

Most states had no choice. The early stated which have open primaries and were astro-turfed and they voted for McCain - that early lead set the stage for the rest so that by the time it came to states like PA - we had no choice. The staggered primary/caucus system allows the early states in combination the biased MSM to foist a candidate on us that was unacceptable. It of course doen't help that there were so many other candidates dividing the conservative vote who were mostly in themselves unacceptable in their own ways so that no one conservative candidate took the lead in the field. *sigh*
    It needs to be changed. Primaries should be the same day!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It needs to be changed. Primaries should be the same day!
    I'm okay with staggered primaries - but stagger them so that it's not just one state at a time. I mean honestly - it's very frustrating that the candidates are always chosen well before my state even has a primary. :mad: At the very least have a rotating schedule and do away with open primaries and same day registration.

I'm okay with staggered primaries - but stagger them so that it's not just one state at a time. I mean honestly - it's very frustrating that the candidates are always chosen well before my state even has a primary. :mad: At the very least have a rotating schedule and do away with open primaries and same day registration.
    What if they staggered the main election too? None of them should be staggered, to many ways to manipulate!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What if they staggered the main election too? None of them should be staggered, to many ways to manipulate!
    The difference is that the primary is when the candidates have the chance to actually get to know the voters and there are generally so many running. SO - I understand the need to have the primaries staggered.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    i liike the primary system, but it does need to be fixed, but on the other hand we don't have the idiotic system the Dumbiecrats have, and the ftarded superdeligate system. a Closed Primary system where you have to be registered at lest 3 months prior would work. (exempt the those that have turned 18 since the privious election) and it would help.

while the Dems and PMSBC and Commie New Network chose McCain, we helped drag out the Dem primary and force Obama and Hillary into a long drawn out battle...though i think it backfired on McCain cuz it gave him too much time to sit around and not do anything before they were done