Thread: I Really Like Sarah Palin... But...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Y'know Mike, it's embarrassing to educate an AMERICAN on Alaska politics. The relevant facts are as follows: and are available to anyone not too lazy to look it up.

Or too stupid.

and

Now,seeing as this little factoid took me all of ten seconds to find, will you kindly explain to me why it is that you didn't look this up?

Okay, I'm pro choice and all and I ultimately don't care, but....

I assume that the Planned Parenthood that didn't perform abortions prior to 2003 is one in Alaska, or a few clinics in Alaska that operate under one board that this justice served on prior to her appointment.

Everyone knows that Planned Parenthood as a national organization has been performing them for a lot longer than that-like, since maybe 1973. As a national organization, PP has advocated for abortion rights and other issues that conservatives may not support. The PP in Alaska is still affiliated with and likely receives funding from the national organization, so if one feels that the whole organization is tainted by abortion related funds, then one might extend that to people who served on the board, even if that individual branch didn't actually perform abortions.

Resident Grump
    I assume that the Planned Parenthood that didn't perform abortions prior to 2003 is one in Alaska, or a few clinics in Alaska that operate under one board that this justice served on prior to her appointment.
    Correct.

Everyone knows that Planned Parenthood as a national organization has been performing them for a lot longer than that-like, since maybe 1973.
    The one in Alaska did not, hence it is a non issue

As a national organization, PP has advocated for abortion rights and other issues that conservatives may not support. The PP in Alaska is still affiliated with and likely receives funding from the national organization, so if one feels that the whole organization is tainted by abortion related funds, then one might extend that to people who served on the board, even if that individual branch didn't actually perform abortions.
    Since it didn't, Governor Palin didn't think it was an issue, and I note that the Justice in question has served long and well.

States' rights.

Sound familiar?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Say what you really think. :D:D

Just got into a hot discussion today with someone about Palin. I was told that Palin didn't have a Harvard degree. I said "thank God". :p Sometimes common sense goes a long way, particularly in that rarified environment that holds "common sense" in such disdain.
    These liberal critters are all 'Harvard Happy' and all worship at the altar of the sainted JFK. If you are running for political office and didn't go to Harvard Law or 'Kennedy' School of Government you must be stupid.

Well from my point of view Harvard graduates haven't much of a 'track record 'either.Having a bunch of money in the family or being an affirmative action poster child and sliding through Harvard with an Saudi Arabian prince or someone else paying doesn't make you intelligent.

Harvard's main claim to fame is historical and its past blue_blood graduates.

Vast Ted Kennedy's father had to finance an Entire Political wing just to get him through after he was caught cheating and was expelled.

The Kennedys were looked down on by the Boston Bramans and never gained the social acceptance of the Boston first families but old Joe bent over backwards making sure his kids all had the correct educational credentials from the proper 'Blue Blood' schools.Having a degree is only for openers,where you obtained it are much more important questions to some people.

America is prohibited from having a ruling class by virtue of blood but they sure as hell have one by virtue of education and where you obtained your degree.

Smuck Schumer is a grad as Is Barney the Butt,even Weird All Franken slid through under the door.Their New York City families must have seen the value in paying that much money for an Harvard education !

Harvard's professors and staff are some of the most Bigoted,Military Hating,Socially Myopic,Politically Correct,American Hating critters in America and they are all Maoists of the first water.

In order to survive and graduate from that festering pit of American hatred you must have your brain washed and filed to overflowing with the 'True Faith' of liberal thinking.

Harvard Classroom and Social Political indoctrinations are ongoing and intense.The only way to survive that hell hole is to hunker down and lie your ass off about your political inclinations if you are of the conservative bent, Harvard is the Liberal 'Mother School' of all America.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    thats what happens when someone focuses on ONE topic and are one issue voters, they tend to be knee jerk reactionist

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    thats what happens when someone focuses on ONE topic and are one issue voters, they tend to be knee jerk reactionist
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    How 0 got the job....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Everyone knows that Planned Parenthood as a national organization has been performing them for a lot longer than that-like, since maybe 1973. As a national organization, PP has advocated for abortion rights and other issues that conservatives may not support. The PP in Alaska is still affiliated with and likely receives funding from the national organization, so if one feels that the whole organization is tainted by abortion related funds, then one might extend that to people who served on the board, even if that individual branch didn't actually perform abortions.
    Exactly. So why didn't Sarah Palin fight this nomination as governor, assuming she really is pro-life??

Palin can be a charismatic force to engage the Republican base and even act as a "The Bridge to Somewhere" between the Tea Party and that base. Is she presidential material? No. C'mon, we all know that, whether we admit it or not.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Palin can be a charismatic force to engage the Republican base and even act as a "The Bridge to Somewhere" between the Tea Party and that base. Is she presidential material? No. C'mon, we all know that, whether we admit it or not.
    Right now conservatives are like a litter of puppies that got dumped alongside the road. They are ready to hop in the first car that slows down and acts friendly to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Right now conservatives are like a litter of puppies that got dumped alongside the road. They are ready to hop in the first car that slows down and acts friendly to them.
    Dunno know if I quite agree with that anology....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot