Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Exactly. So why didn't Sarah Palin fight this nomination as governor, assuming she really is pro-life??
    You know, she talks about this in that book you say you've read.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Dunno know if I quite agree with that anology....
    Unfortunately I think it's true. Right now we think we are way smarter than we actually are. The conservatives we have today are liberal compared to many of the democrats when I was growing up. We have very little leadership and are grabbing for anything to believe in. If Sarah Palin is on the ballot in 2012 I will vote for her, but I don't think it is likely and I feel like we should be scouring the countryside looking for good people!

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Right now conservatives are like a litter of puppies that got dumped alongside the road. They are ready to hop in the first car that slows down and acts friendly to them.
    Unfortunately, I agree. The GOP party bosses always 'hand pick' these liberal Republicans to run in statewide races, and then tell conservatives that we must vote for the RINOs because we have "nowhere else to go." That's why today's Republican Party has no priniples. That's also why Republicans lost big in both 2006 and 2008.

Sonnabend
    Now,seeing as this little factoid took me all of ten seconds to find, will you kindly explain to me why it is that you didn't look this up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Unfortunately, I agree. The GOP party bosses always 'hand pick' these liberal Republicans to run in statewide races, and then tell conservatives that we must vote for the RINOs because we have "nowhere else to go." That's why today's Republican Party has no priniples. That's also why Republicans lost big in both 2006 and 2008.
    Repubs got complacent the last 4 years of Bush's term. They became big spenders and the economy went into a funk. Anytime unemployment and the economy is suffering, the party in power is going to lose seats in Congress. That is what is going to happen in 010. Obama was hired to fix it. It is only gotten worse so Democrats do not stand a chance in the coming election.

Repubs need to run conservative candidates; RINO's like McCain need to go. Otherwise, the Repub party will slip back into their spending frenzy and the cycle of big swings in elections will take place. Repubs would be wise to run on job creation, spending cuts, lower taxes and strong defense. That is the winning ticket cause lower taxes, spending cuts and smaller government is repulsive to liberals.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    She's got more brains and common sense than B.H. Obama. At least she's done more than a community organizer. She actually has management experience. BHO is in over his head.
    Sure, maybe on the Star Trek episode where they encounter a planet ruled by people of below average intelligence and all the intellectuals are jailed for saying smart stuff.

But back on planet earth the vindictive climber is just a vapid talking point machine who writes notes on her hand like a 10th grader cheating on a Spanish quiz.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sure, maybe on the Star Trek episode where they encounter a planet ruled by people of below average intelligence and all the intellectuals are jailed for saying smart stuff.

But back on planet earth the vindictive climber is just a vapid talking point machine who writes notes on her hand like a 10th grader cheating on a Spanish quiz.
    Why don't your boy show us his grades. Answer, he has something to hide or he skimmed thru on his blackness. The stupid SOB does not know how many states in the Union (it's not 57) and can not remember his daughter's age without a teleprompter. Obummer uses a teleprompter when meeting school kids.

Palin is going to bust his balls come election time in 012.

Now I'm not in any need to defend or promote Palin's intelligence or lack thereof, but I think you may want to hold off on extolling the smarts of your hero there, hazelnut. I think everyone here should read George Will's column today.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will021810.php3

I agree with what George has to say about Palin, but Obama isn't exactly showing he's on a par with Jefferson. Sure, you lefties got your Ivy League academic elitist, and as a result, anything he babbles on about surely has to have some deep and gospel like meaning that us mere mortals can't fully comprehend.

But I'd wait and see how the rest of his term goes, because so far he's not exactly dazzling, or effective and time has a way of moderating and focusing how history is recorded.

Sonnabend
    Please, be nice to Logan's Papa...he took a long time to get the guts to show his cowardly face here...and it seems more of his brain cells died along the way.

He cant help being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

Yep. I bet The Alaskans say that every time they cash another check from an oil company. ROFL!!
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.