Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Drunken Tat Ruins Wannabe Funeral Director's Dream. 
    Drunken face tattoos ruin man's funeral director dream

A detail of one of the tattoos

15 February 2010
    By Katy Wheeler

Danny Boyes was left with a tattooed face after a drunken prank – and now fears the artwork is putting the brakes on his dream job.

The 22-year-old harbours ambitions to work in the funeral business, but thinks potential employers are being putting off by the Chinese symbols on his left cheek.

Danny, of Southwick, bought the three-inch symbols after a drunken night of dares and has regretted the move ever since.

Now he is in the process of having his body art removed in the hope of bagging a job with a funeral director.

The dad-of-one said: "I regretted them the next morning, especially when my mam saw them. I can't even remember getting them put on.

"I was really drunk and we ended up making dares. I got the Chinese symbols on my face, some aces on one side of my neck and my initials on the other side."

Danny, who is dad to Dayton, seven months, added: "I have tried every funeral directors in Sunderland and Washington trying to get a job, but I think people judge a book by its cover.

"Being a funeral director is a really important job so I want the tattoos removed for when I'm dealing with the public.

"I am a really hard worker, I just need to be given a chance to get my foot in the door."

Danny has lived with the unusual body art for the past three years and has been trying to have it removed in the last year.

Various laser treatments have failed to fade the symbols, but Danny was given a glimmer of hope after reading an Echo article about Barry Crake.

The Roker-based tattoo removal expert reckons some jobless people can't get work because they have visible marks on their hands, neck or face – so he is offering to remove them free of charge to help the unemployed back into work.

After reading about the offer, Danny is in the middle his of treatment in the hope it will help him climb the career ladder.

Danny, a former warehouseman, said: "People stare a lot because of my tattoos. I can't wait for them to be removed."

So far, Danny's treatment – using e-raze non-laser cream which draws the ink out of the skin – is proving successful.
    Kudos to the tat-removal guy. What the heck was Danny boy thinking? Usually here in the U.S. you can't get a tattoo if you are drunk and a lot of places make you wait a few days if you just walk in and ask for a tattoo on your face. :eek:

Sunderland Echo

Deal with is jackass. You were stoopid now you have to pay the price for that stoopidity. I say if they come in and ask for a tattoo while drunk - they should get a discount. Maybe then they'll learn a lesson.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Deal with is jackass. You were stoopid now you have to pay the price for that stoopidity. I say if they come in and ask for a tattoo while drunk - they should get a discount. Maybe then they'll learn a lesson.
    You are harsh, dude. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm sorry. I feel no need to be compassionate when people are stuck paying for their own stupid choices. Compassion is for things that are outside of someones control.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Not really ... Sunderland is Tyne and Wear, after all. If anything, he's being too lenient.

As soon as I saw the words "me mam" early on in the article, I knew that this story would not only be British, but from Tyne and Wear, as well. Some of the UK's most gormless people come from there.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Not really ... Sunderland is Tyne and Wear, after all. If anything, he's being too lenient.

As soon as I saw the words "me mam" early on in the article, I knew that this story would not only be British, but from Tyne and Wear, as well. Some of the UK's most gormless people come from there.
    Could you say that again in American please? :p

As for the guy, I feel for him. We have all been that drunk before (well most of us atleast), and fortunately we haven't had to deal with those consequences. It's a real shame if his dreams are ruined because of a stupid harmless thing like that.
    Last edited by djones520; 02-15-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

Gormless? Sure:

"Gormless"
    adj. Chiefly British
    Lacking intelligence and vitality; dull.

Etymology
    From English dialectal gaum (attention or understanding), from Middle English gome, from Old Norse gaumr.

Usage
    "For my parents, though, it was compulsory viewing. They would sit on the settee making appreciative or derogatory noises about one or another contestant and bitterly denouncing the judges when Miss England failed to get a placing - even if Miss England was a gormless, whey-faced hag, which quite often she was." — Rod Liddle; The Ugly Side of Miss World; The Guardian (London); Nov 26, 2002.
    One of those great British words that didn't make it into American English. Think of your typical mouth-breathing welfare tit-sucker, and you'll get the idea.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

See... I love British English, but when you compare "mouth-breathing welfare tit-sucker" to "gormless" I gotta go with the America. :D
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

As for the guy, I feel for him. We have all been that drunk before (well most of us atleast), and fortunately we haven't had to deal with those consequences. It's a real shame if his dreams are ruined because of a stupid harmless thing like that.

Stupid harmless??
    Your compassion is misplaced.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Gormless? Sure:

One of those great British words that didn't make it into American English. Think of your typical mouth-breathing welfare tit-sucker, and you'll get the idea.
    Or just think of Frank Gallagher.