Thread: Just Tuesday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1 Just Tuesday 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,849
    40° F | 20° F It will still be cool today but then we will have three days in the fifties. I’m getting tired of cold.








    TOTD: We have people on the site looking for work maybe we can help them out with some ideas. The unemployment rate is at a 26-year high. What's the longest stretch you've gone unemployed? How did you eventually find work?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,250
    I just finished working 8 days in a row and will be enjoying a day off in the 70's.

    TOTD: The most time I have even been off work is due to injury. Even during high unenployment levels, I usually don't have a problem finding or keeping a job. I keep an open mind and will do what ever it takes. I don't mind starting at the bottom.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    18 degrees on the Mountain.

    I talked to a guy the other day who is self-employed. Right now he has no work and described himself as self-unemployed.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    18 degrees on the Mountain.

    I talked to a guy the other day who is self-employed. Right now he has no work and described himself as self-unemployed.

    Self-unemployed, lol :p
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    It's going to be in the low 40s today but at least we didn't get big snow over the last couple of days. There will be time enough for that in next few months.

    TOTD: I started paycheck work pretty young. I think the longest I've ever been unemployed (against my will) has been about 5 or 6 weeks. Now, not every job has been any kind of "dream" job - I'd take whatever came up when I needed to.

    Temp agencies are always a pretty good bet if you have any administrative skills and know your way around the most popular kinds of software. There is usually temp work available outside if you have a truck. Yuppies are always willing to employ a native English speaker to do house cleaning. The census is hiring right now. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's going to be in the low 40s today but at least we didn't get big snow over the last couple of days. There will be time enough for that in next few months.

    TOTD: I started paycheck work pretty young. I think the longest I've ever been unemployed (against my will) has been about 5 or 6 weeks. Now, not every job has been any kind of "dream" job - I'd take whatever came up when I needed to.

    Temp agencies are always a pretty good bet if you have any administrative skills and know your way around the most popular kinds of software. There is usually temp work available outside if you have a truck. Yuppies are always willing to employ a native English speaker to do house cleaning. The census is hiring right now. :)
    All good ideas. My ex g/f landed a very good job in the sales office of ALCOA that started by being a temp/contract worker. In eight months her pay jumped about $7.50 an hour...after I let her know that I was breaking up and moving to Nevada, she married a co-worker (he had to get a divorce first, lol) :p

    Now, not every job has been any kind of "dream" job - I'd take whatever came up when I needed to.
    Same here. I'll do about anything for a paycheck when I must.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Supposed to be a sunny day for the Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans. Temp. in the high 50's. Fat Tuesday is a big event in south LA. I have been to many of them; many years ago they used to roll down Bourbon Street. One hell of a sight if you have never been to one.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,250
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Supposed to be a sunny day for the Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans. Temp. in the high 50's. Fat Tuesday is a big event in south LA. I have been to many of them; many years ago they used to roll down Bourbon Street. One hell of a sight if you have never been to one.
    Sounds fun.

    My parents spent some time near Biloxi, MS and enjoyed all the parades & stuff this time of year.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,250
    I've had the windows open all day & have been really lazy.

    I had physical therapy on my back & neck today and it wore me out!

    Looks like it was 80 degrees in BadCat country today...wow. It was 73 here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    It's still freezing here. :mad:

    TOTD: A couple of months maybe? I don't really have any advice. I just spent my days constantly looking.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •