Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll say this. The conditions are right for Boxer to go down. She's a dreadful candidate. There's a strong anti-incumbent sentiment in this country. There's an even stronger anti Obama and anti progressive sentiment. Republicans and conservatives will likely be more motivated for turnout than liberals and Democrats.

So, who knows. I really hope she loses, but it's hard to say right now. Boxer's poll numbers are low enough that it's possible. It'll be easier to get a feel for this race after the Republican primary.

I'd say there are at least eight other Senate races that will be easier for the Republicans to gain seats though (Indiana, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Colorado, Nevada, Arkansas and North Dakota). If the Republicans win Boxer's seat, then they'll likely have won the others, which would mean at least 50 seats for the Republicans. The Democratic seats in Washington and Wisconsin might also be "in play" depending on the Republican candidate that enters these races.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Absolutely. I'm not sure if any of the Republican primary candidates are as strong as Scott Brown though.
    I am not sure that it was Scott Brown's strength won him his seat. Think about it.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Absolutely. I'm not sure if any of the Republican primary candidates are as strong as Scott Brown though.
    Tom Campbell would be better than boxer and he has some name recognition. Boxer is going to be swimming in money obviously. Hopefully there is a GOP surge, but I dont feel it right now. Maybe when election season heats up.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I am not sure that it was Scott Brown's strength won him his seat. Think about it.
    It certainly wasn't that alone. It was kind of a perfect storm for Brown. He was a good candidate. Coakley was a bad one. There is a strong anti-Washington/anti-Obama sentiment. The people were also sending a message that they didn't like the one party Democratic rule. So on and so forth.

It was a lot of factors. However, Brown's appeal was certainly part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    Tom Campbell would be better than boxer and he has some name recognition. Boxer is going to be swimming in money obviously. Hopefully there is a GOP surge, but I dont feel it right now. Maybe when election season heats up.
    I don't know the primary candidates very well. My only exposure to Tom Campbell is the Fiorna's "demon sheep" ad. It made it look like Campbell can shoot lasers out of his eyes. I'm not sure if that's what the Senate needs, but it'd be pretty entertaining. :)

I don't know the primary candidates very well. My only exposure to Tom Campbell is the Fiorna's "demon sheep" ad. It made it look like Campbell can shoot lasers out of his eyes. I'm not sure if that's what the Senate needs, but it'd be pretty entertaining. :)

LOL. The Senate would never be the same again, if a Senator could shoot lasers out of his eyes. It would be great for C-SPAN's ratings.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    haha, that would be awesome, real-life Cyclops.

Hopefully the GOP and Tea Party puts a lot of empashis into defeating Boxer (with a concesious Canidate, though we'll see after the primaries) if Indiana, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Colorado, Nevada, Arkansas, North Dakota, and possibly Wisoconsin or Washington as Swampfox pointed out, all flip to the GOP and we get a majority in the House. we can put a stop to a lot of the crap that the Obassiah has been pushing. guess we'll see in the next 7 months

Hence the reason the biggest praise I could muster was "would be better than boxer".

I havent set a very high bar.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I though you lived in CO?

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I though you lived in CO?
    Your point? State residency has nothing to do with posting a news story.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.