Thread: Once again, Obama promises to do what has ALREADY been done.

1. #1 Once again, Obama promises to do what has ALREADY been done. 
    When I once made the mistake of asking Obama supporters what Obama really planned to do once he was in the White House, I was referred to his website. The website talked in the most general terms about "Hope" "Change" and seemed very vague. One of the few concrete things Obama said he would do was to put government records on the internet. I found this odd because since the 90's, government agencies have been putting their records on the internet. I personally know one senior level government person (SES) who was in charge of doing this very thing for her agency. I thought it odd that Obama was "vowing" to do something that had already been done.

Well, here is another. From his celebrity whirlwind tour of Europe:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/op...on&oref=slogin

Allies Obama Overlooked

By ERIC EGLAND
    Published: August 1, 2008

Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
    LAST weekend, Barack Obama dazzled crowds in Europe. Discussing international security, he spoke eloquently about needing an American-European partnership to defeat terrorism.

In Paris, he said that “terrorism cannot be solved by any one country alone,” and that we should establish partnerships. In Berlin, he expressed hope that Europeans and Americans “can join in a new and global partnership to dismantle the networks” of terrorists worldwide.

But there’s one problem. We already have a counterterrorism partnership with the European Union. And it works. Indeed, despite news media caricatures of aggressive Americans feuding with pacifist Europeans, both groups are quite serious about protecting citizens by working together...

Officials in the American and European military, intelligence and law enforcement communities created this success, and a strong counterterrorism partnership made it possible. The key pillars are better intelligence sharing and closer law enforcement cooperation...

Eric Egland, a major in the United States Air Force, is the founder of Troops Need You, a nonprofit group that supports American soldiers and marines in combat.
    More at the link.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    When I once made the mistake of asking Obama supporters what Obama really planned to do once he was in the White House, I was referred to his website. The website talked in the most general terms about "Hope" "Change" and seemed very vague. One of the few concrete things Obama said he would do was to put government records on the internet. I found this odd because since the 90's, government agencies have been putting their records on the internet. I personally know one senior level government person (SES) who was in charge of doing this very thing for her agency. I thought it odd that Obama was "vowing" to do something that had already been done.

Well, here is another. From his celebrity whirlwind tour of Europe:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/op...on&oref=slogin

More at the link.
    He may even put an end to WW2 and Viet Nam ,My Hero !!