1. #1 Dem Analyst Attempts Chuckle At Dem Catholic For Ashes. 
    Wednesday February 17, 2010
    JOE BIDEN RIDICULED FOR WEARING ASHES

February 17, 2010

Fox News analyst Bob Beckel today criticized Vice President Joe Biden for wearing ashes on TV; today is Ash Wednesday and Biden is Catholic.

In the middle of a discussion on President Obama’s stimulus plan, Beckel gratuitously said, “Sorry about laughing, but I looked at Joe Biden’s forehead, and I know it is Ash Wednesday, but I’m not sure I would wear that ash on the air. Anyway….”

Catholic League president Bill Donohue wasn’t amused:

Bob Beckel’s admonishing remark, “I’m not sure I would wear that ash on the air,” makes us wonder whether it is the public display of ashes he finds risible, or the religion that sports them.

In any event, there is no record of Beckel ever lecturing a Jew about wearing a yarmulke on TV or a Muslim wearing a turban. Must be something about Catholicism that bothers this guy. We’d love to know what it is. At the very least, a clarification about what he meant is in order.
    Surely Biden, of all people, should repent over his many flaws and outright sins. That he may be doing so privately is no matter for public amusement. A Brit newsie also apparently believed that cultural religious practices were off limits to whites (I doubt she would have commented on a Muslim woman's scarf). :mad:

Catholic League

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Surely Biden, of all people, should repent over his many flaws and outright sins. That he may be doing so privately is no matter for public amusement. A Brit newsie also apparently believed that cultural religious practices were off limits to whites (I doubt she would have commented on a Muslim woman's scarf). :mad:

Catholic League

I'm surprised Oprah didn't try to wipe them off.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

Catholic League
    Beckel is an all around a** hole looking for a laugh.Perhaps we should bring up his procurement of a HO and paying for her by credit card!

The man is too ignorant to be on the Fox Channel,his type are more at home with Tweety and Oberjerk on PMSNBC !

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    I saw that. I was stunned.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'm surprised Bob got caught saying something stupid like that. Frankly I like him and a
    remark like that really seems strange. Oh well...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I thought I had something on my TV screen and went over to wipe it. Duh!

Beckel has always reminded me of a big city slime politician, a Chicago type. This behavior doesn't surprise me.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"