1. #1 What do Liberals do when they don't reach the goal post? 
    They move it.

Obama says stimulus bill saved troubled economy
    AP

WASHINGTON President Barack Obama hailed Wednesday's one-year-old economic stimulus law as an accomplishment that staved off another Great Depression and kept up to 2 million people on the job.

More tripe.

And the facts?

They don't need no stinkin' facts!

In all my days I have never heard any politician, let alone a POTUS, tout "jobs saved". It is such a ridiculous notion, in that there is no clear metric that that exists to measure such a thing, that it's laughable; except of course to those who would call a pig a horse if they thought folks would buy it.

Anyway, I would like to point out that since I have joined CU, the high quality of my posts has prevented this fine place from having over 2000 members contract leprosy. No need to thank me. It's the least I could do. Anything less would have been nothing at all.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    They move it.

More tripe.

And the facts?

They don't need no stinkin' facts!

In all my days I have never heard any politician, let alone a POTUS, tout "jobs saved". It is such a ridiculous notion, in that there is no clear metric that that exists to measure such a thing, that it's laughable; except of course to those who would call a pig a horse if they thought folks would buy it.

Anyway, I would like to point out that since I have joined CU, the high quality of my posts has prevented this fine place from having over 2000 members contract leprosy. No need to thank me. It's the least I could do. Anything less would have been nothing at all.
    We really appreciate the whole leprosy-guarding thing. You da man!

I'd like to point out that during my entire stay here there has not been even one Black Mamba attack in an American preschool. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We really appreciate the whole leprosy-guarding thing. You da man!

I'd like to point out that during my entire stay here there has not been even one Black Mamba attack in an American preschool. Coincidence? I think not.
    You go girl! Yes we can!
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Jobs Saved.

I wonder which one of his brain trust came up with that one??
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Jobs Saved.

They have been using that from the get go, Sarasota. It is clearly another addition to the Liberal PC lexicon of fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Jobs Saved.

His trust can afford a brain? In this economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    LOL!. Anyone who's read Economics In One Lesson (Hazlit) can see the 'public works creates jobs' and 'public works boosts demand' fallacies for what they are. I'm willing to bet that at least 1.2 to 1.5 future jobs are lost for every job the present dole creates. Taxes are going up, but they are going to have to go much higher to cover this debt, and protect the Nation's credit. If taxes don't go up, we'll go bankrupt, if they do go up, we might still go bankrupt if the spending doesn't stop. If we don't go bankrupt, we'll see the devastating result of all this spending as soon as consumers capital is even more burdened with taxes.

This is typical big government rhetoric, unfortunately the rhetoric actually succeeds in making people think that the spending is helping. It really does. People can see the bridge that government money built, and they can see the men working on that bridge paid for by government money. So they believe the spending makes things better. What they don't see are all the products from other markets that will never get created because of the diverted funds, nor do they see the future jobs that will be never be created due to lack of demand in other sectors due to the diverted funds.

Very well said, malloc.