Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    This is why we must work MUCH harder in the Primaries to make sure we support the real conservatives, otherwise the "majority" is simply an illusion. Not coming out in the primaries gets us people like Snow, Chaffee, Collins and McCain.
    I don't see too many Conservatives. What I see are politicians that at the end of the day will compromise away any pricipal to get their little earmark into a bill. An earmark that helps out one of their campaign contributors.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I don't see too many Conservatives. What I see are politicians that at the end of the day will compromise away any pricipal to get their little earmark into a bill. An earmark that helps out one of their campaign contributors.

That is why the primaries are so important. We have nominated a bunch of "moderates" because they supposedly are more electable. I think conservatives who can articulate conservative ideas would clean up, but sadly many Republicans go for the familiar in the primaries instead of the conservative.

Makes me proud. My boy was front and center. And he gets my vote again.

Go get 'em John Shadegg.