Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Gay Republicans Face Cool Reception at CPAC 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Gay Republicans Face Cool Reception at CPAC
    "What Does she expect from the Republican's at CPAC, French Kisses all Around ?"

Not only are the members of GOProud, a gay Republican organization, in the political minority, but they are also very much in the Republican minority.

Ever since it signed on as a co-sponsor of the Conservative Political Action Conference, this 9-month-old organization has provoked controversy. Not far from the GOProud booth, several men on Thursday handed out green leaflets that read “TO KEEP OUR HONOR CLEAN!”

The leaflet, created by the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property, is a four-page argument against gays serving in the military. The pamphlet, in fact, calls for “a moral revolution.”

“We co-signed a letter to the organizers of CPAC asking that GOProud not be allowed to cosponsor the event,” said C. Preston Noell III, spokesman for TFP. “An organization that promotes homosexuality is opposed to family as God made it — one man and one woman
    http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cf...s-000003294937

Some excerpts from a WSJ article about GOProud.

Mr. LaSalvia, the new group's executive director, points to the arithmetic. In the 2008 presidential election, between 4% and 5% of voters self-identified as gay. Of these, 27% went for John McCain. That works out to 1.4 to 1.8 million gay Republican votes.

Mr. LaSalvia points out that many gays do not believe their best interests are served by government-run health care. To the contrary, he says, they believe they would be better served by private-run individual accounts that are portable, that put them in charge of their own health care, and that would allow them to designate their own beneficiaries.

Like most conservative organizations, GOProud is skeptical about using courts to advance social change. They also tend to believe that social issues like this one are best left to the American people acting through their state legislatures.

Whatever else it is, these are not your father's gay Republicans. To the contrary, GOProud springs from a growing dissatisfaction among some gay Republicans that the Log Cabin Republicans, the traditional gay advocacy group within the party, has drifted to the point where its positions are indistinguishable from those of the left. It didn't help when the Washington Blade chimed in with a report that Log Cabin's biggest contributor, Tim Gill, is a Democrat.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123966833747115385.html

Sounds to me like the "Tea Party" of the gay republicans.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Is that the tea-bagging movement?
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

"Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

All I care about is whether they support a smaller, fiscally responsible government. If they do, then they are better Republicans than 99% of the ones we got now in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    All I care about is whether they support a smaller, fiscally responsible government. If they do, then they are better Republicans than 99% of the ones we got now in office.
    I can agree with that. Some people, however, cannot get past their own threatened sexuality though.
    Last edited by PoliCon; 02-20-2010 at 12:04 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I can agree with that. Some people, however, cannot get past their own threatened sexuality though.
    How do they threaten your sexuality?

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    They don't. Fag teachers like young meat.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I'm not the one ranting about teh gheys.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Now that I can agree with.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis