1. #1 Graffiti vandals turn violent in LA 
    "If we see someone calling the police, then we target them," said Mario Garcia, 20, who describes himself as a former tagger trying to become a professional artist. "You are trying to stop me from what I live, what I believe in and what I breathe? We are not going to let no one get in the way."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D929LGMO4&show_article=1

Found this story linked through Drudge. Caught my attention because we've had looney leftists here in Colorado who insist that if the public would just provide these scribblers with a way to express themselves, they wouldn't have to maintain their law breaking, malicious ways.

this quote from one of the interviewed rejects is hilarious. Why do we even give these empty headed animals a forum as if they've got something important or even relevant to say?

These aren't artists, they're not expressing themselves. They are low life thugs who scribble on other peoples property like dogs who piss on tree stumps. The left is so mixed up with their emotional and guilt issues which causes them to elevate "tolerance" to some quasi-religious mantra, that they can't think straight. That's why a quote like the one above is treated as a serious statement instead of being laughed at for the stupity that it is.
    Last edited by bijou; 08-01-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: To comply with Breaking News rules

noonwitch
    There is so much graffiti in Detroit, I get to where I find myself trying to figure out what different things mean. I used to know all the gang symbols, back when I was a delinquency worker. There was the "Folks Up" and "People Down"-the gangs had two larger networks, Folks and People. The symbol for Folks was a rightside up trident, and for people, an upside down trident. The local cops did an excellent training session for us about it.

At least one business owner in SW Detroit hires the graffiti "artists" to paint his store on a regular basis. They won't paint graffiti over something they got paid to paint as art.

Power CUer
    This is just criminal.

One man got stabbed. Another got shot in the chest. A 6-year-old boy was temporarily blinded when he was spray-painted in the face.

And they were the lucky ones among those who have had run-ins with graffiti "crews," or gangs.

Over the past 2 1/2 years in Southern California, three people have been killed after trying to stop graffiti vandals in the act. A fourth died after being shot while watching a confrontation between crews in a park.

"We have seen a marked increase in these graffiti-tagging gangs taking to weapons and fighting to protect their walls, their territory, their name," said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Robert Rifkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Found this story linked through Drudge. Caught my attention because we've had looney leftists here in Colorado who insist that if the public would just provide these scribblers with a way to express themselves, they wouldn't have to maintain their law breaking, malicious ways.
    I don't think it should fall on the public coffers, but somebody should be working to direct these kids (most of them are) to more constructive expressions. I've seen some gorgeous tags, mostly on train cars out here in the boondocks, that deserve to be hung in a museum. Unfortunately, there is a lot more stupid gang tags, that aren't pretty just scribbles marking territory (very fitting analogy there :) ) They aren't expressing anything but the failure of their parents.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    And they were the lucky ones among those who have had run-ins with graffiti "crews," or gangs.
    Boiling a few in paint sounds about right...
    May the FORCE be with you!