Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Dick Cheney Urged to Run for President at CPAC (Now we're talking!) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    CPAC Convention, Washington -- Former Vice President Dick Cheney made a surprise appearance at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday, rallying a crowd already optimistic about their chances for success in the 2010 midterm elections.

"I think the developments we've seen over the last several months are enormously encouraging," Cheney told the audience of conservatives, pointing to Republican victories in recent elections in Virginia, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

"I think 2010 is going to be a phenomenal year, and I think Barack Obama is a one-term president," he added, to huge cheers.

The audience, who had come to the conference to network and see both established and up-and-coming stars of the Republican Party, went wild when the former vice president came on stage. One young man started screaming, "Oh my f*%#@ing God!" A few people tried to start a chant of "run, Dick, run!," though it did not catch on.

"A welcome like that is almost enough to make me want to run for office," Cheney said. But before anyone could get any ideas, he assured the crowd he would not be running.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02...y6220309.shtml

Yeah. Run Dick Cheney. Let's make it even easier for Obama to get re-elected. You might as well run GWB.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I've been a huge fan of Cheney's since his SOD days for Bush 41. I'd vote for that man even if he were on his death bed waiting on a heart transplant. I personally doubt that we'd have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq today if it had been Cheney/Bush instead of Bush/Cheney in 2000. The guy just doesn't take any shit and I think our enemies know it.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I've been a huge fan of Cheney's since his SOD days for Bush 41. I'd vote for that man even if he were on his death bed waiting on a heart transplant. I personally doubt that we'd have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq today if it had been Cheney/Bush instead of Bush/Cheney in 2000. The guy just doesn't take any shit and I think our enemies know it.
    I like Cheney at lot but don't think he is the right person for the job. Between his bad health and baggage from being VP, it would present too big a bullseye for liberals and the press.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    If its a matter of setting the fact straight when Zero is lying his ass off about the Bush years, Cheney is our guy. I respect his willingness to stand up and set the facts straight and call out the lying bastards.

But on just about any thing else, please do what Bush did, shut up and go away. I may be blunt in saying that, but Cheney is going to serve as a rally point for the Dims and give them a uniting target for the elections.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yeah. Run Dick Cheney. Let's make it even easier for Obama to get re-elected. You might as well run GWB.

QFT
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo
    A few people tried to start a chant of "run, Dick, run!," though it did not catch on.
    Let's hope that trend continues.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I like Cheney at lot but don't think he is the right person for the job. Between his bad health and baggage from being VP, it would present too big a bullseye for liberals and the press.

Agree 100%. But it would be worth the comedy value on DU alone. My God...that place would go so insane Skinner's servers would melt from the hate alone. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Agree 100%. But it would be worth the comedy value on DU alone. My God...that place would go so insane Skinner's servers would melt from the hate alone. :D
    When Palin gets the nomination and puts an ass whipping on the Magic Negro, those dummies are going to shit and go blind.:D We need to give her a crack at it cause the men have sure screwed things up.:D

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    When Palin gets the nomination and puts an ass whipping on the Magic Negro, those dummies are going to shit and go blind.:D We need to give her a crack at it cause the men have sure screwed things up.:D
    I don't think Palin will run for president. She may do some polls and such, but I think in the end she will realize she doesn't have the support.

Romney has all but said he's running, and expect him too. I half expect Huckabee to run as well. Depending on how the polls stack up for him self. I get the feeling thats partly why he got his show on Fox, to get him some air time and help his public image.

I do half expect Palin will run as VP again for who ever the GOP pick is in '12. She's popular, and an improving portfolio will make her even more attractive as a VP pick.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009