Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I like Cheney at lot but don't think he is the right person for the job. Between his bad health and baggage from being VP, it would present too big a bullseye for liberals and the press.
    Have the liberals not run a candidate because the person would be too big a bulls-eye for conservatives and talk radio? Maybe we should take a lesson from them and quit being girlie men.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    True and correct on your point, but being a voter, pissed because of high unemployment, who are you more likely to vote for. Some one with limited political experience, or some one with s healthy portfolio of experience? Sara still has that problem dogging her, she lacks the proven experience. She's learned, and is learning a lot, but voters will not soon forget she quit as Gov. of Alaska half way through her term, where many others who will run will have served many years and will have a strong record of experience under their belt to prove they should know how to fix the problems we are/will be facing, and won't quit half way through their term in office. Sara will be dogged by that unfortunate fact for years, fair or unfair.

Now please don't insult me by trying to say Obama has proven you don't need that experience to win. As his win was thanks to the hate the voters held to Pres. Bush, and wanting to vote for any one not Republican, as they were very angry for the way the GOP behaved and what they precieved as the GOP losing their way. The voting mass didn't vote for Obama because they thought he was the more experienced, they were voting against Bush.
    Hey, I would not try to insult you. You are correct. The masses had enough of Bush and with the help of the press elected Obama. Obama was a dynamite speaker (McCain was not) and people bought into the hope and change. So far, he has been a miserable failure. So, when you have a bad employee, you fire him. That will happen in 012. Like I said, the Repub Prez nominee can run on the economy and win.

Here is one thing you are missing about Palin if she decides to duke it out in the primaries. The American people are the most forgiving people on earth. If she lays out the fact that staying in office was going to bankrupt her because of the hundreds of thousands of dollars racked up by frivolous law suits, I think she can jump that snake.

Now to your second point:Experience. What politician knows more about energy than she does?. What politician has taken on big corporations like EXXON and won? What politician has not only balanced the state budget but returned refund checks to the taxpayers? What politician is responsible for the AK to US natural gas pipeline being built? I have heard those poo hoo her experience in that field but what was the Gulf War fought over. Answer, oil, prevention of Iraq taking over S.A. and stabilizing the M.E. So, now we have energy and the military intertwined.

To my next point. She is in favor of and can verbalize to an extent that would put any of those other duds in the Repub Party the importance of drilling offshore. This country needs to drill baby drill so that tens of thousands of new jobs can be created and that we can quit sending billions out of the country. It does not make sense to import oil and natural gas when we have plenty here.

You think the Gov of a state like AR requires that much more accumen than the state of AK. Granted Bubba was in office a lot longer but like he said during the last campaign no one is prepared to become president. It's on the job training. I have no doubt she could handle the job with quality people surrounding her. Plus she has a hell of a lot of common sense which beats the hell out of many of other attributes that political pundits ascribe to.

I rest my case:)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Have the liberals not run a candidate because the person would be too big a bulls-eye for conservatives and talk radio? Maybe we should take a lesson from them and quit being girlie men.
    Nope but Bush/Cheney let liberals and the press pound on them for 8 years with little more than a whimper. Too late for Cheney now. We need a candidate that is a fighter not a compassionate conservative. A term that makes me want to go vomit every-time I hear it. Like you, I want somebody with balls. Palin may not have any but she got more of a backbone than the girlie men in the Repub party that I know about.

I don't know anyone, friend or foe , who'd ever call Cheney a compassionate conservative. He always struck me as a guy who watches his friend's backs and kicks ass and takes names from those who aren't. I would bet the farm that during their 8 years in office he was chomping at the bit to go after the people who were tearing down the administration on a daily basis. The guy is a personification of NOT being a girlie man.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.