Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Ron Paul wins CPAC stra Poll 
    Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) ran away with the presidential straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday, with 31 percent of the vote. Paul's libertarian conservative message has made him a hero to small- government Republicans for years, but this is the first CPAC straw poll he has ever won.

Paul's victory came as a surprise to supporters of Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, who has won the straw poll at this event for the last four years. Romney was second this year, with 22 percent.

Another surprise came with Sarah Palin's third-place finish, with 7 percent of the vote. Palin is a favorite of the conservative base, but was one of the few Republicans included in the straw poll ballot who did not attend or speak to the conference.

CPAC's straw poll is an unscientific, voluntary poll, but it has served as a barometer of support for possible Republican presidential candidates among their all-important conservative base.

Here are the full results:

Rep. Ron Paul- 31 percent

Mitt Romney- 22 percent

Sarah Palin- 7 percent.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty - 6 percent

Rep. Mike Pence- 5 percent

Mike Huckabee- 4 percent

Newt Gingrich- 4 percent

Gov. Mitch Daniels- 2 percent

Rick Santorum- 2 percent

Sen. John Thune- 2 percent

Gov. Hayley Barbour- 1 percent.
    http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/02...-third-with-7/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

This kind of blew me away. Some of the other results didn't suprise me to much.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Oh goody!

Awesome.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Ron Paul would be a great candidate - IF . . . he weren't such a dumb ass on national defense.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Ron Paul would be a great candidate - IF . . . he weren't such a dumb ass on national defense.
    I'd agree with you on that. Revertting to isolationalism will just invite so many more attacks it wouldn't be funny.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Paul's getting up there in age. I doubt he'll be running in 2012. It would be great to have a President that truly believes in small government like he does even if I'm not too keen on all of his foreign policy stances.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Ron Paul is a GREAT congressman. He would be a disaster for a President. His foreign policy stances would leave us incredibly vulnerable to our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Ron Paul is a GREAT congressman. He would be a disaster for a President. His foreign policy stances would leave us incredibly vulnerable to our enemies.
    What do you think of his son Rand?

Banned
    I betcha the liberal media is going to go bat shit crazy with this poll showing that the majority of conservatives support this loon. Pathetic if you ask me. RINO Romney is not much better.