Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66
  1. #11  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Oh goody!

    Exactly.

    Were they friggen drunk when they took that poll??? Christ.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Exactly.

    Were they friggen drunk when they took that poll??? Christ.
    I'm just glad I won't be forced to listen to Olbermann rant and drool about this on Monday.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Ron Paul would be a great candidate - IF . . . he weren't such a dumb ass on national defense.
    I have the same thoughts about Ron Paul and national defense, but at the same time, I look at how we are defending other nations (European, Asian, etc.) and I begin to wonder why. Then I look at Iraq and Afghanistan, wars I support btw, and I ask whether this is really the right course in the long term. I understand the oceans no longer offer us the protection of earlier times, but I do wonder if economics is not the better defensive weapon at this point in time. If we run out of money (which we essentially have from a budgetary standpoint) then we are losing the greater war.

    Perhaps it is time to choose our battles more wisely?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,898
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Exactly.

    Were they friggen drunk when they took that poll??? Christ.
    I really have to wonder if we learned anything from the last presidential election.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Exactly.

    Were they friggen drunk when they took that poll??? Christ.
    You don't get it...yet.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I really have to wonder if we learned anything from the last presidential election.

    If you are any indication, no.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I have the same thoughts about Ron Paul and national defense, but at the same time, I look at how we are defending other nations (European, Asian, etc.) and I begin to wonder why. Then I look at Iraq and Afghanistan, wars I support btw, and I ask whether this is really the right course in the long term. I understand the oceans no longer offer us the protection of earlier times, but I do wonder if economics is not the better defensive weapon at this point in time. If we run out of money (which we essentially have from a budgetary standpoint) then we are losing the greater war.

    Perhaps it is time to choose our battles more wisely?
    I think when we do go to war with these countries our money should not be used to rebuild them. People who think like cavemen are much safer living like them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    If you are any indication, no.
    Go eat a banana.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Go eat a banana.

    You say that after you previous post? Swine.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    You say that after you previous post? Swine.
    Oink! At least I don't squeeze my poop into balls and throw it at people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •