Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I have the same thoughts about Ron Paul and national defense, but at the same time, I look at how we are defending other nations (European, Asian, etc.) and I begin to wonder why. Then I look at Iraq and Afghanistan, wars I support btw, and I ask whether this is really the right course in the long term. I understand the oceans no longer offer us the protection of earlier times, but I do wonder if economics is not the better defensive weapon at this point in time. If we run out of money (which we essentially have from a budgetary standpoint) then we are losing the greater war.

Perhaps it is time to choose our battles more wisely?
    You forget that the people making these decisions have access to information we lack. But I agree - I'm all for withdrawing from some of these countries.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Look folks, the days of god and guns carrying the day is over. Sorry, but it is. Reagan, I loved the guy, is not coming back nor even a facsimile of him. Not.

What is stirring across this nation is an old wind. It is one that originated in Philadelphia a a little over 200 years ago and has swept this nation to greatness. The people are tired of not having that wind in their sails. They may not know how it got there, but they miss it.

Whether you believe this is a Christian nation or not (the founders didn't, but whatever) or whether you have some moral box that a conservative must fit into to be called that, then you had better stow that fable in your back pocket like those who chose to cleave to this United States of America when it was wet from the womb of Britain, and remember the foundation upon which this republic was built; and support any and all that seek to preserve it.

Damn. I should have been a pamphleteer.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Sonnabend
    Run Paul or his moron son, and Obama wins.

You know I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Run Paul or his moron son, and Obama wins.

You know I'm right.
    Ron Paul isn't running. Wake up call maybe? You know I'm right.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 02-20-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Ron Paul wins CPAC stra Poll
    I hear the domain names "Conservative Mudhut" and "Conservative Tent City" are still available if anyone's interested.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Whoopty fuckin doo.

744(?) out of 2,400 in a nation of 308,000,000 people think this idiot should be more than an earmark hog congressman who talks the talk.

Our savior has arrived.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Whoopty fuckin doo.

744(?) out of 2,400 in a nation of 308,000,000 people think this idiot should be more than an earmark hog congressman who talks the talk.

Our savior has arrived.
    744 retards

Heh. I guess the Dems won't be the only ones surprised going forward.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Paul showed how much real support he had 2 years ago when he got his ass handed to him in the Primaries, regardless how good he is on domestic/fiscal issues, he has NO appeal to everyone else that would swing the election. and his Loonbat ideas on National Defense will get him roflstomped in any general election

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Paul showed how much real support he had 2 years ago when he got his ass handed to him in the Primaries, regardless how good he is on domestic/fiscal issues, he has NO appeal to everyone else that would swing the election. and his Loonbat ideas on National Defense will get him roflstomped in any general election
    The National mood has changed considerably in two years. Regardless, Paul will be too old to run in 2012.