Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    amandabeech Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Feb-20-10 07:55 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    17. It's obviously WWII.

Korea and Vietnam were jets.

This might be the P-51 Mustang, out best fighter in WWII and one of the best prop planes ever built.

The pictures are great!
    Never heard of a Skyraider...

Dummies, stick to stuff you know like eating Cheetos and masturbating to MSNBC.

I thought we used X-Wing fighters in World War II? Perhaps I'm thinking of something else...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Surprised no one mentioned the very obvious chemtrail. :D

Sonnabend
    Never heard of a Skyraider? Odd, I have, Here's one.

The Douglas A-1 (formerly AD) Skyraider was an American single-seat attack aircraft that saw service between the 1950s and early 1970s. It was a propeller-driven anachronism in the jet age, and was nicknamed "Spad", after a World War I fighter.[1] However, the Skyraider had a remarkably long and successful career and inspired a straight-winged, slow-flying, jet-powered successor, the A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthog).

It was operated by the United States Navy (USN), the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and the United States Air Force (USAF), and also saw service with the British Royal Navy, the French Air Force, and the Air Force of the Republic of Vietnam (VNAF), among others.

The Skyraider was invaluable in 'Nam because of its ability to loiter over targets when the jets couldn't. It was introduced too late for WW2, but it shows that really good ideas and design last. For operational success and longevity, I rank it up there with the B-52 "Buff", DC-3 "Dakota" and the A-26 "Invader".

...and it was dang purty!!!!!!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I don't know much about airplanes, but I appreciate my tax dollars at work, or in this case, my parents' or grandparents' tax dollars at work.

It's a cool-looking plane, it looks kind of like the ones used in WWII tv shows. That's about all I can tell.

Another thing about the A-1 Skyraider, it recorded the first gun kill of the Viet Nam conflict. On 20 June 1965 a flight of four A-1's of VA-25, flying off USS Midway, were bounced by a pair of MiG-17's. Due to the low speed handling characteristics of the A-1, LTJG Hartman and LT Johnson were able to out turn one of the MiGs and eventually shot it down when the frustrated MiG pilot tried to take them in a head on pass
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf