Thread: Back to BBQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I imagine that method would make grits taste better...god knows it couldn't make them taste any worse.
    I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,684
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    You are right. If you are cooking with your car engine then I have no clue. God Bless you.
    Hey if I remember right , the recipe was for Possum on the half shell!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?
    I have. I'm pretty good about trying local foods (heck, I ate some kind of food on a stick from a street vendor in Olongopo!). Grits are incredibly bland and I hate the texture. I'm not a big fan of polenta either.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,684
    [QUOTE=Shannon;2816]I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?[/QUOT

    Wow, that is one food they did not have in N.Y.
    Grits go with everything!!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm convinced this is the way to go, I know the purists out there will disagree, but how can you go wrong with this!


    Load it, program it, and come back later!! I want one.

    :D

    And notice the little umbrella on top of the smoke stack!
    We don't have the little umbrella but we have the smoker/grill. You will love it. It takes tending but you can't actually BBQ anything in under 6 hours anyway.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I have. I'm pretty good about trying local foods (heck, I ate some kind of food on a stick from a street vendor in Olongopo!). Grits are incredibly bland and I hate the texture. I'm not a big fan of polenta either.
    Man, I miss the recipe forum, I had a cheesy grits and shrimp recipe on there that was killer!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Power CUer patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    We don't have the little umbrella but we have the smoker/grill. You will love it. It takes tending but you can't actually BBQ anything in under 6 hours anyway.
    Supposedly there is an auger delivery sustem that delivers the fuel at intervals to keep the smoke and heat to an exact level, not much tending!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Jumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm convinced this is the way to go, I know the purists out there will disagree, but how can you go wrong with this!


    Load it, program it, and come back later!! I want one.

    :D

    And notice the little umbrella on top of the smoke stack!
    I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.
    Whoa, that is an expensive gift! This bugger goes for 1200 bucs!!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.
    You don't do chicken on that set-up; you grill chicken. Grills are totally different. You can plank salmon on one but why, really when other, better formats are offered? Ribs, brisket, tri-tips, etc., are what you do on that. Not clucks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •