Thread: Back to BBQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I imagine that method would make grits taste better...god knows it couldn't make them taste any worse.
    I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    You are right. If you are cooking with your car engine then I have no clue. God Bless you.
    Hey if I remember right , the recipe was for Possum on the half shell!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?
    I have. I'm pretty good about trying local foods (heck, I ate some kind of food on a stick from a street vendor in Olongopo!). Grits are incredibly bland and I hate the texture. I'm not a big fan of polenta either.

[QUOTE=Shannon;2816]I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?[/QUOT

Wow, that is one food they did not have in N.Y.
    Grits go with everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm convinced this is the way to go, I know the purists out there will disagree, but how can you go wrong with this!

Load it, program it, and come back later!! I want one.

:D

And notice the little umbrella on top of the smoke stack!
    We don't have the little umbrella but we have the smoker/grill. You will love it. It takes tending but you can't actually BBQ anything in under 6 hours anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I have. I'm pretty good about trying local foods (heck, I ate some kind of food on a stick from a street vendor in Olongopo!). Grits are incredibly bland and I hate the texture. I'm not a big fan of polenta either.
    Man, I miss the recipe forum, I had a cheesy grits and shrimp recipe on there that was killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    We don't have the little umbrella but we have the smoker/grill. You will love it. It takes tending but you can't actually BBQ anything in under 6 hours anyway.
    Supposedly there is an auger delivery sustem that delivers the fuel at intervals to keep the smoke and heat to an exact level, not much tending!

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm convinced this is the way to go, I know the purists out there will disagree, but how can you go wrong with this!

Load it, program it, and come back later!! I want one.

:D

And notice the little umbrella on top of the smoke stack!
    I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.
    Whoa, that is an expensive gift! This bugger goes for 1200 bucs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    You don't do chicken on that set-up; you grill chicken. Grills are totally different. You can plank salmon on one but why, really when other, better formats are offered? Ribs, brisket, tri-tips, etc., are what you do on that. Not clucks.