Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How to ressurect American industry/jobs 
    Banned
    Here's an idea I've often pondered--and while it may seem ''Big Government''--I think it would be good for the country in the long term:

Capital gains taxes and corporate taxes are cited by some as a major reason that so many corporations outsource jobs; it's cheaper for them. Here's a solution--not perfectly refined but a rough sketch--Try a carrot and stick approach:

Any corporation which hires X amount of (legitimate and merited) American workers in X amount of time gets their corporate taxes reduced by X amount. Perhaps it could even be that the larger the amount of American workers hired, the lower your company's taxes become. That'd be a good incentive to bring jobs home. We could slash corporate taxes maybe as much as half. That's the carrot. Now the stick is the companies which hire the least or don't meet a certain quota of American citizens hired get their corporate taxes raised by X amount. Ensure that there are no loop holes. Make it a good deal for business so long as they fulfill their obligation.

If you want to do business out of the US and fuck over American workers by outsourcing--fine, but it comes at a price.

Also, grant a loan or tax reduction or something to any individual or company which wishes to found or take an interest in the manufacturing and production--to increase the amount of American made products, and in turn increase jobs, lowering unemployment. Perhaps create student grants for students interested in engineering or manufacturing degrees. Again, It's a sketchy idea, as I'm not well versed in any of the details or if any programs such as this already exist and it's sticky in terms of 'Big Government', and I'm not sure how it would work financially or legally, or if it would even be legal--but it could help.

Also bring back immigration quotas, and make immigration more stringent.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 02-22-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Taxes are not supposed to be used to punish people. If you want to bring jobs back, then cut the corporate taxes period. Make them the lowest in the world. Cut the stupid ass regulations like Sarbanes Oxley and companies will come back in droves. It really is quite simple. You make it easy and cheaper to do business here and the companies will come back.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    A company cannot base a hiring decision on whether or not it qualifies him for a tax break.

A company can ONLY hire people to help meet a demand for the product or service it sells. Any other reason is pure folly.

Need I say FairTax!?! That would do wonders!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Your dreaming buddy! Just be happy if we don't go communist and we have things back to the way they were in the nineties!

Give this man a cheroot.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Define "Fair Tax"
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    A company cannot base a hiring decision on whether or not it qualifies him for a tax break.

A company can ONLY hire people to help meet a demand for the product or service it sells. Any other reason is pure folly.
    Than how do you propose getting American jobs back?

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Than how do you propose getting American jobs back?
    For one get rid of capital gains tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Define "Fair Tax"
    www.fairtax.org