Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Harry Reid: "When men are out of work, they tend to become abusive" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Harry Reid: "When men are out of work, they tend to become abusive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9wzn6j3Ep4
    The video speaks for itself. Simply unbelievable that this clown ever got to where he did.

He's probably thinking of himself. What this little worm could abuse is probably kittens. Anything else would threaten him.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

He ought to have his whiny ass kicked!

I hope his wife is preparing for when he gets voted out of office. She should stock up on baseball bats and health insurance.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Reid's remarks aren't the first controversial remarks he's made on the Senate floor. He said in the midst of December's heated healthcare debate that the Senate needed a "Rodney King" moment where members could "all try to get along," channeling the plea of King, who pleaded with L.A. to calm itself after its 1991 race riots.
    I would agree with this. Except the moment that I want to see is the one where the Senate is down on the ground getting tased and beaten with nightsticks within an inch of it's life for being stupid.

Based on what ol' Harry said, he is gonna be beating his wife soon.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Harry is just repeating an old progressive narrative - the self same one the progressives used to justify prohibition.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I'd like to kick him personally. People who are physically violent with each other don't need the economy as excuse to tear into each other and they're happy enough to slap the spouse during the very best of times. This is the first lie.

Lie #2: women aren't as abusive. This is big, big news to millions of men and children. Women (like miniature poodles) simply do less damage physically and are more likely to believe that slapping, punching, and kicking isn't a big deal.

Lie #3: Women aren't "out of work, too". The vast majority of people unemployed by this particular economic downturn are men.

Banned
    Old Harry is going to be out of work soon so he is trying to push people's buttons regarding his floundering re-election. Sounds like he need a good ass kicking himself.

Usually in a recession where unemployment is high, the crime rate goes up. However, that is not the case in this one. So, Harry, the dumb ass, has got his facts wrong.

Back in 84-85, things were really bad in New Orleans, jobs-wise. I worked for a company that had been in business since the early 1800's and it shut down. My wife, then girlfriend who I lived with, worked for a university doing research. She didn't make hardly anything. I'm out of work and can't find a job and she doesn't make enough to cover the bills. With all that I'm not sure if there was a time when we were ever closer than those days.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.