Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Honor Killing Dad Doesn't Get The Death Penalty 
    AZCentral
    A Glendale man accused of killing his daughter in an "honor killing" will not face the death penalty.

After sparring with the suspect's defense attorney over its death-penalty-review process, the Maricopa County Attorney's Office has said it will not seek death for Faleh Almaleki, 49.

The Iraqi immigrant is accused of killing his daughter, 20-year-old Noor Almaleki, for being "too Westernized."

Police say he used his Jeep Cherokee to run down his daughter and another woman in a Peoria parking lot Oct. 20. Noor later died of her injuries.

Almaleki is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated assault and two counts of leaving the scene of a serious accident. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

The decision not to seek the death penalty comes after Almaleki's attorney, Billy Little, a public defender, asked a judge to take special precautions to ensure the County Attorney's Office wouldn't wrongly seek the death penalty because Almaleki is a Muslim.
    Read The Rest

It looks like this guy's RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE is shielding him from capital consequences! Hasn't the County Attorney's office ever heard of equal application of the law? If this had been a white Christian male who maliciously killed his daughter the death penalty would have been on the table.
    Last edited by bijou; 02-20-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: to comply with B/N format

I live in one of the few states left that doesn't have the death penalty, and I am personally opposed to it.

If your state has it, it isn't fair to not institute it against a killer because he is a muslim, however, so I see why you think it's unjust. I certainly don't have sympathy for a man who ran down his daughter because he didn't like her becoming too westernized. In Michigan, he'd be facing mandatory life, no parole-we call it a living death sentence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I live in one of the few states left that doesn't have the death penalty, and I am personally opposed to it.

If your state has it, it isn't fair to not institute it against a killer because he is a muslim, however, so I see why you think it's unjust. I certainly don't have sympathy for a man who ran down his daughter because he didn't like her becoming too westernized. In Michigan, he'd be facing mandatory life, no parole-we call it a living death sentence.
    I have seen the results of not putting someone who deserves it to death and just leaving them in there for life. One of the guys I did time with who was doing life without parole was in his 90's. He had had a stroke a couple of years before I got to Safford and he was barely able to get around in a walker. He would make it to the rest rooms almost half the time. The guy could not walk 100 feet without having to stop for a couple of minutes to catch his breath.

Sonnabend
    the Maricopa County Attorney's Office has said it will not seek death for Faleh Almaleki, 49.
    Isn't that "hero" Joe Arpaio's bailiwick?

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    It looks like this guy's RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE is shielding him from capital consequences! Hasn't the County Attorney's office ever heard of equal application of the law? If this had been a white Christian male who maliciously killed his daughter the death penalty would have been on the table.
    Let him live out life in prison with nothing but pork to eat until he dies.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

This idiot moves to the US yet kills his own child because she was becoming too westernized? Um, sounds logical to me.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

He will have plenty of Muslim friends in prison. Prisons are like Islamic gardens in our midst.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    He will have plenty of Muslim friends in prison. Prisons are like Islamic gardens in our midst.
    Training and organization facilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Training and organization facilities!
    Indeed.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)