1. #1 How come Republicans can just make crap up and people believe it? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh Brother!!!

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Tue Feb-23-10 10:24 AM
    Original message How come Republicans can just make crap up and people believe it?

Whether it’s Fox “News,” Limbaugh, wingnut members of the house or senate – whatever they say becomes instant “TRUTH.”

Why?

Why can they spout any piece of pig crap that enters their heads and have people believe them with no facts, proof, or backup any kind?

If a Democrat tried that, he or she would be ridiculed, made to look like a fool, and then run out of town. This can happen even if a Democrat is actually telling the truth.

(Oh...you mean like Mr. Cold Cash from LA??? Moron. You Dumbfucks were sticking up for this prick till he got convicted and I'm sure there are still a collection of you idiots who think he was framed by lord Rove. )

So why the double standard?

(And if the answer is “the corporate-owned media,” then we might as well pack it in and admit that our country no longer exists.)

So what’s your answer?
    Incredible case of Teh Stupid on this one. Enjoy!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I noticed that he didn't cite any actual examples.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    How come Democrats can just make crap up and people believe it?
    Fixed....like "Climate Change"?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Fixed....like "Climate Change"?
    Truth and facts have a way of being convincing. Doesn't Cyrano and Pinochio have something in common?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Is he talking about Haditha????

Or perhaps the "news" that Sarah Palins baby was actually her daughters??

Maybe the "fact" that the Austin pilot was a tea party-er????

Talk about believing a lie!
    Cyrano Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Feb-23-10 11:00 AM
    Response to Reply #5
    17. Perhaps, but some awfully weird stuff comes out the mouths of

Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin.

I don't know what type of alien beings they're talking to, but no one ever imagined the snake oil they're selling, no less wanting to hear it. (e.g. "I can see Russia from my porch.")

Nonetheless, you've really got to wonder how many people really believe she can "see Russian from her porch?"

Scary.
    The real question is--Who believes Sara Palin SAID: "I can see Russia from my porch." That's right---only the liberals who will believe anything.

Sara Palin did not say that. She said that from some places in Alaska you can see Russia. WHICH IS TRUE.
    It was Tina Fey on SNL that said that she could see Russia from her front porch...or house or whatever.

DUers, have you heard the term " Bouncy" ?

If not, then either you're very stupid . or you're ...
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Talk about believing a lie!
    The real question is--Who believes Sara Palin SAID: "I can see Russia from my porch." That's right---only the liberals who will believe anything.

Sara Palin did not say that. She said that from some places in Alaska you can see Russia. WHICH IS TRUE.
    It was Tina Fey on SNL that said that she could see Russia from her front porch...or house or whatever.
    This is incredible that these idiots actually think Palin said this. And anybody getting the irony of this? The OP says how Republicans can make stuff up and it's taken as gospel yet here we have a DUer taking something that was made up by a liberal television writer...and accepting it as gospel. UFB
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This is incredible that these idiots actually think Palin said this. And anybody getting the irony of this? The OP says how Republicans can make stuff up and it's taken as gospel yet here we have a DUer taking something that was made up by a liberal television writer...and accepting it as gospel. UFB
    UFB? UFB? Oh, it is very B.

Obama's campaign was based on it.