Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Anybody collect coins? 
    I just lucked out tonite on two auctions!
    I have been selling off my large cent collection, I have about 50 of em and decided I want Indian head pennies! I got about 22 left and Tomorrow I'll put up 5 more for auction.
    I grabbed these 2 tonite at huge bargains! Both are slabbed, one by NGC and the other PCGS!

1863 MS62 BN

1903 MS64 RB

So far so good!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

You got any Morgans?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You got any Morgans?
    I got rid of about 50 of them last year, I got 1 left. Its a 1921 in BU with multiple die cracks, I'm gonna hang on to it! I never had it slabbed but it might go MS60.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I got rid of about 50 of them last year, I got 1 left. Its a 1921 in BU with multiple die cracks, I'm gonna hang on to it! I never had it slabbed but it might go MS60.

what mint is that?

what mint is that?
    Philadelphia.

This is my next conquest, I have a bid on it but there is 4 days left on the auction. Hopefully noone will snipe me!

1858 sl flying eagle in MS62!

I wish you wouldn't have posted this thread. Now I want to start buying Morgans again!

I wish you wouldn't have posted this thread. Now I want to start buying Morgans again!
    They were addictive for a while, but they are just about the most collected coins going! They are pretty, but too many years and varieties to get a good collection going! If you want the high grade hard date stuff you will pay out your butt!

Banned
    I inherited a collection of gold and silver coins along with German and other countries from around the world from my dad. I purchased the entire collection of 2007 1/2 ounce gold spouse coins on e-bay. Purchased a couple of 1 ounce gold eagles, the Chinese Panda and a Buffalo gold coin from the mint and dealers. Have a large collection of silver dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    They were addictive for a while, but they are just about the most collected coins going! They are pretty, but too many years and varieties to get a good collection going! If you want the high grade hard date stuff you will pay out your butt!
    Don't care. It is the best way to save silver for a hedge.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I inherited a collection of gold and silver coins along with German and other countries from around the world from my dad. I purchased the entire collection of 2007 1/2 ounce gold spouse coins on e-bay. Purchased a couple of 1 ounce gold eagles, the Chinese Panda and a Buffalo gold coin from the mint and dealers. Have a large collection of silver dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver dollars.
    About 10 years or so ago I had bought a couple of silver lots from a wholesaler, almost 24 pounds! I think at that time it was about $2.50 an oz. I sold it all off at about $8.00 an oz 2 years ago, now silver is going for about $15 and change! I did the same with my gold coins, I bought them when they were about $450 an oz and sold at $800, now gold is tiping $1100!!! My timing ain't great!

I just recently sold a complete collection of Franklin halfs and I have 2 canvas sacks of wheaties to auction off.

I wish I knew more about foriegn coins, I have some chinese old coins, but I'm not sure if they are counterfiet!

I keep hearing gold will keep going up to around $2000, But I don't think so, I'm staying away from it for now. But I am looking to try to pick up another wholesale silver lot, I think there is more room to make some bucks!