Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Starbucks closing 600 stores in the US 
    Tuesday July 1, 4:26 pm ET / AP

Starbucks closing 600 underperforming stores in the United States

SEATTLE (AP) -- Starbucks Corp. has announced it's closing 600 underperforming stores in the United States.

The Seattle-based premium coffee company also announced Tuesday it expects to open fewer than 200 new company-operated stores in the United States in fiscal 2009.

The company says it will try to place workers from closed stores in remaining Starbucks.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080701/starb...gent.html?.v=1
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Even with the store closings, there will still be at least one Starbucks or a Walgreens on every corner in the city of Chicago & suburbs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Even with the store closings, there will still be at least one Starbucks or a Walgreens on every corner in the city of Chicago & suburbs.
    Not so out here in the Connecticut hinterlands. We have 1 Starbucks in downtown Hartford, but, within a two block radius of our apartment tower, there are at least 4 Dunking Donuts! And people spend lots of money on studies to find out why Americans are overweight! :eek: :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Not so out here in the Connecticut hinterlands. We have 1 Starbucks in downtown Hartford, but, within a two block radius of our apartment tower, there are at least 4 Dunking Donuts! And people spend lots of money on studies to find out why Americans are overweight! :eek: :D

Even in podunk Plant City we have a Starbucks, we even have a Panera Bread and a Dunkin donuts!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

No Starbucks in Cove but there is one down 190 in killeen. Couple dozen mom & pop franchise coffee shops around though.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

We actually have Starbucks stores inside grocery stores here - not to mention at every intersection. I've had exactly 1 Starbucks coffee in my life and that was 1 too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We actually have Starbucks stores inside grocery stores here - not to mention at every intersection. I've had exactly 1 Starbucks coffee in my life and that was 1 too many.
    They are in one of the local Target stores here. The only starbucks that I visit is in the United Air Terminal in Chicago O'Hare and I avoid that airport like the plague.

Banned
    Glad I did not listen to my ex-g.f. advise and invest in this dog. We have several here; never been in one as I am not a coffee drinker.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-01-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Five stores within a 1-mile radius from the shop: Three in market - two freestanding, with drive-thrus.

I've never spent a dollar at any of them - ever.:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Where the hell am I going to get my overpriced burnt coffee now??