Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Scott Brown wore $750.00 pink leather shorts on his first date with his wife 
    link

Enrique Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Feb-24-10 09:00 PM
    Original message
    Scott Brown wore $750.00 pink leather shorts on his first date with his wife

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/magazine/28Brown-t.ht...

(...)

Arianna told me that he showed up for his first real date with her mother, Gail Huff, a TV newscaster to whom he has been married for more than 23 years, in pink leather shorts. It’s family lore.

The pinkish color drained from his face when I asked him about it during a conversation in his campaign office just before we took off in the truck. He clarified that the shorts weren’t something that he went out and purchased — it wasn’t like that at all. “I did the couture shows, and instead of paying in cash, they paid in clothes,” he said. “And one of the things I had to wear were leather shorts. And these happened to be pink.”

As he told the story, he seemed, almost in spite of himself, to get into it. “If I wore these now,” he said, “I’d get shot. But it was the ’80s. Pastels were in. It was all pastel-y.” The shorts went with his tan at the time and a pair of white shoes that he owned, so he gave them a whirl. “Gail comes out and she’s like, ‘Those are pink shorts.’ I said: ‘Yeah, you like them? They’re great. Comfortable. Feel this leather.’ ” With this last phrase, he slowly stroked the side of one of his thighs, apparently miming the gesture he made in front of her.

He emphasized: “This isn’t cheap leather. This is, like, $750 shorts back then.” He shook his head at the memory. “Crazy stuff.”
    So he wore pink shorts. Who cares?

Of course there's lots of mocking and then this.
    Maru Kitteh Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Feb-24-10 09:14 PM
    Response to Original message
    10. Wake me up, before you go go

He's right. They were in fashion.

In so many ways, we've become WAY less tolerant and progressive than we were in the era of Ronnnie Raygun.
    onehandle Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Reply #10
    11. Puh. In fashion in about five square blocks of L.A. and NYC.

Not so much in 'real' America.

There's your 'hero,' teabaggers.

'I drive a truck... and wear pink leather shorts.'
    Maru Kitteh Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Reply #11
    17. Really? cause pink clothing for guys was all the rage here in central Nebraska

Edited on Wed Feb-24-10 09:27 PM by Maru Kitteh
    I was there. I remember. Hard to get more "real" America than that.

I find it much more amusing that so many enlightened DUer's look down their noses at pink on a man - I expect it from knuckle-dragging Republicans.

I think they've already thrown Mr. Brown under the bus anyway, haven't they? Didn't he vow to stand with the Democrats and vote yes on the jobs bill and commit some other mortal sin already?

I want to see a photo of him leaning on the truck wearing his old pink shorts. That would be a keeper.
    onehandle Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    18. I don't care what people wear. But teabaggers do. That's the point.

Whatever fuel helps make them run a teabagger candidate against Senator Softcore in 2012 is fine with me.
    They have such funny ideas about what we care about.

He was a model for a while, right?

How many men are "disturbed" by the ridiculous clothing their girlfriends wear if those girlfriends are models or trend slaves?

This is just as stupid as "outing" Clinton on her 80s photos.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I was just going to bring that one over Carol. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I was just going to bring that one over Carol.
    I just think it's so funny what the liberals think bothers conservatives. Pink shorts in the 80's? I don't think so!!

I suppose they thought we'd be shocked :eek: and ashamed that we wanted him to be elected or something like that.

Oh noes! Not pink shorts! Coakley's going to win for sure! Oh wait...Nevermind.

Pank shorts!:eek:

Banned
    The catalog old International Male had a backpage column called "Oh no we didn't" that featured clothes they had considered hot years earlier. I am sure Scott Brown's pink shorts made that page.

Just another childish act by the DUmp. The man wore pink shorts. Who the hell gives a flying fuck.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

"I think they've already thrown Mr. Brown under the bus anyway, haven't they?"

Actually, no, not to the best of my knowledge.

Doesn't Sheriff Joe make the inmates where pink underwear? Maybe be that is their issue with this. They don't like Sheriff Joe.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis