Thread: "Obama the Time Hog, Declares "I'm the President" !"

1. #1 "Obama the Time Hog, Declares "I'm the President" !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Obama Hogs More Time, Declares "I'm the President"

After Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell noted that Democrats' opening statements had lasted twice as long as Republicans, President Obama responded that his time shouldn't count in the calculation.

“There was an imbalance in the opening statements, because I’m the President," Obama declared. "And I didn’t count my time in terms of dividing it evenly.”
    ".....................................Video:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...president.html

Throughout the morning session, Obama repeatedly cut off Republicans, citing time constraints. Yet he took as much time as he wanted to respond to Republicans.

Not only did Obama use more time, he also tried to limit the terms of the debate. Whenever Republicans criticized his proposal, for instance, he tried to stop them and argue that they should only be focusing on "areas of agreement.

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/02/25...-time-declares

Republicans watching the clock (dems: 74 min Reps: 37 min)

"O'Bummer Controls the Speaking Time and Shuts The Conservatives Out !"

Republicans are watching the clock closely as Democrats have talked for nearly twice as long as they have so far this morning. Before Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn started talking, the time of possession was: Democrats: about 74 minutes Republicans: about 37 minutes

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/02...k.html?showall

You didn't think this was actually going to be bi-partisan, did you, megimoo? This is simply a stage show so that they can use reconciliation, and when we complain about it they can say, "Well, we tried to come to common ground, but all you wanted to do was argue and filibuster.."
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    You didn't think this was actually going to be bi-partisan, did you, megimoo? This is simply a stage show so that they can use reconciliation, and when we complain about it they can say, "Well, we tried to come to common ground, but all you wanted to do was argue and filibuster.."
    No I'm well aware that it was to be a 'dog and pony show' from the beginning.Them Liberal/Dem's never play fair and this thing was a staged event to play to the hard core left !

They will try and drive this pig through with an legislative slight of hand and if they do heads will roll.They already expect a 'blood bath' but do they anticipate a Major Country Wide 'Tea Party' Revolution as well.

This country is hurting now but before this guy is through we will be in abject poverty and destitute,I wonder just how it will start ?