1. #1 A Best....from Omaha Steve 
    I had heard of Michael Monsoor (an Arab American) but I had not heard about the trident medals. I hope Tiburon Tom stays out of this.
    Omaha Steve Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    Mike Monsoor (I got an email about this Medal of Honor winner posthumously) snopes confirmed

From Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/monsoor.asp

TRUE
    Medal of Honor

PO2 (EOD2) Mike Monsoor, a Navy EOD Technician, was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, posthumously...for jumping on a grenade in Iraq, giving his life to save his fellow Seals.

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in San Diego, as his coffin was being moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery, SEALs were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route...forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center. As Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL...having removed his gold Trident from his uniform, slapped it down...embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin.

The slaps were audible from across the cemetery. By the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it. This was a fitting send-off for a warrior hero.

This should be front-page news, instead of the crap we see everyday.

Since the media won't make this news, I choose to make it news by forwarding it onto you. I am proud of our military!! These fine men and women of our military, will continue to serve and protect.

Video and much more at link.

Goldwater
    I found a couple of pictures of him, he looks like a great guy. RIP sir.

The picture is faulty

By the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it.

This should be front-page news, instead of the crap we see everyday.
    i so totally agree. every american should watch that video. and cry like i did.

Michael was a true hero and patriot.

God bless you Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    i so totally agree. every american should watch that video. and cry like i did.

Michael was a true hero and patriot.

God bless you Michael.
    I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,me too.:(

I believe Mike is typical of most of our combat vets. Not all will be in a position to choose like Mike, thank God. Mike is a true hero. Too bad the media elects not to show this.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

And who's fault is it that it isn't a big item in the news?

Yea...you guessed it..................
    pansypoo53219 (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-01-08 10:23 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. if georgee wasn't such an ass
    it would be news. maybe NPR will pick thiss up. HINT