View Poll Results: Where Do You Stand on Abortion?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Pro-Life, & abortion should generally be OUTLAWED.

17 94.44%
  • I am Pro-Abortion, & unborn children are NOT human lives.

0 0%
  • I don't care if unborn children die, so long as I get my tax cuts.

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Poll: Where Do You Stand on Abortion? 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I'm just curious where you all stand on the issue of abortion. So, I decided to do a poll to determine this. Please answer honestly. Thanks.

While I would prefer that abortion be generally outlawed except in cases to save the life of the mother - I am willing to allow also in cases of incest and rape since these three cases are the main reasons why people support abortion and together only account for less than 10% of all abortions.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    I can't vote, since none of the three choices fit my views.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I cannot find myself feeling passionate about a zygote, or an embryo. When the fetus starts to look like a baby at 2-3 months, I am prolife. When the fetus is viable, I consider an abortion to be the same as killing a born baby. Yeah.. all kinds of holes in my views, but I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I can't vote, since none of the three choices fit my views.
    Ditto. This is as about a demagogue-ish of a poll as one can get. And I'm pro-life.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The life I take will always be someone who deserves it because of their act, not mine. Don't want children? Decide that BEFORE life is conceived.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

This is a good example of a push-poll. :D

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ditto. This is as about a demagogue-ish of a poll as one can get. And I'm pro-life.

That's why both sides can find polls to support their claim that most americans agree with them. It's all in the wording.

If people are asked if they think abortion is wrong, the majority say yes. If people are asked if they think abortion should be made illegal, the slim majority say no. So both sides can really claim that the majority of americans back their side of the issue.

My opinion is that abortion should be legal, with the one restriction being parental consent or a judicial bypass of parental consent in cases of pregnant women under 18. That said, I also think too many women are finding themselves pregnant when they don't want to be pregnant, and that is the issue that has to be addressed to lower the number of abortions nationwide.

I saw a story on the news that showed a town in Florida where the abortion clinic and the abortion alternative clinic are right across the street from each other. Most pro choice activists are incensed about this-I think it's the best way, as long as both organizations are very clear about their purposes. A good PP counselor should be able to call the antiabortion people and ask them what they can offer a client who is unsure about having an abortion. I've done it as a state worker looking for a place a pregnant teen could go when she couldn't go home-Michigan Right To Life was very helpful in that regard.

There are two parts to lowering the rates of abortion:

1. Helping women make better decisions and avoid unwanted pregnancies from the get-go,
    and
    2. Helping women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy, or who want their babies but feel they can't afford to raise them see that there are people out there who can help them, whether they plan to keep their babies or give them up for adoption.

These are things that can be done without changing Roe v Wade.

Here's where I usually hit a wall, because is it possible to be Pro-Life and Libertarian?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Here's where I usually hit a wall, because is it possible to be Pro-Life and Libertarian?
    Sure. You recognize that you can make the abortion decision - but not for other people.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken