Thread: The Unemployed are ORGANIZING! (yay)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Haha! If every dope on the DUmp signs up they will be over 100,000 strong!
    Than one of them could have a job as their lobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    What are they going to do if they don't get what their union what . . . go on strike and refuse to work until their demands are met?
    LMAO.

They didn't think it through did they? :D

What are they going to do if they don't get what their union what . . . go on strike and refuse to work until their demands are met? I hope their organized with union bosses and diligently paying their union dues on time.
    Don't under estimate the awesome power of a collective Cheeto strike.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    What a wonderful idea, a bunch of people with no money organizing...that'll accomplish a lot.
    Is it to laugh or what?? Only a complete idiot would join something like this. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Anyone with a brain and skills knows that all unions suck ass and are full of talentless slackers that rely on the union to protect them when arbitration time comes....

And I mean ALL UNIONS SUCK ASS.. The UAW sucks ass and has bankrupted GM, the teachers' union sucks and had bankrupted our schools... etc.. etc.... Union protect the weak and the stupid... If you have skills and a good work ethic, you don't need the protections of a union...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Anyone with a brain and skills knows that all unions suck ass and are full of talentless slackers that rely on the union to protect them when arbitration time comes....

And I mean ALL UNIONS SUCK ASS.. The UAW sucks ass and has bankrupted GM, the teachers' union sucks and had bankrupted our schools... etc.. etc.... Union protect the weak and the stupid... If you have skills and a good work ethic, you don't need the protections of a union...
    Not fully true, near enough but not fully true. Unions at one time served a very needed roll, to help level the playing field for workers when the employers were abusing their power over those with little choice. But those days have come and passed. My dad was union with the RR for 30 years. At the end of his time with them, I was taking home more in my check then he was. Now that he is retired... well lets say I am jealous of what he gets now.

The problem with unions now is that they are still operating like they were 50 years ago. When the global market was less then what it is now and cheap foreign labor wasn't a concern. They still operate as if they can still bully the corporations into their demands without fear of losing. Problem now is those corporations can just close up shop and head over seas for cheap labor free from the unions. Unions need to play catch up and learn to try and save the jobs by keeping them here, and be willing to do what it takes, and be less concerned about what they can get from the corporations.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Not fully true, near enough but not fully true. Unions at one time served a very needed roll, to help level the playing field for workers when the employers were abusing their power over those with little choice. But those days have come and passed. My dad was union with the RR for 30 years. At the end of his time with them, I was taking home more in my check then he was. Now that he is retired... well lets say I am jealous of what he gets now.

The problem with unions now is that they are still operating like they were 50 years ago. When the global market was less then what it is now and cheap foreign labor wasn't a concern. They still operate as if they can still bully the corporations into their demands without fear of losing. Problem now is those corporations can just close up shop and head over seas for cheap labor free from the unions. Unions need to play catch up and learn to try and save the jobs by keeping them here, and be willing to do what it takes, and be less concerned about what they can get from the corporations.
    Don't go confusing his rants with reasonableness or facts! :mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Don't go confusing his rants with reasonableness or facts! :mad:
    Put some clothes on and shave you bum!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Put some clothes on and shave you bum!
    I am dressed - and shaved. :( Sad really.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I am dressed - and shaved. :( Sad really.
    I weathered out today too, but I got some stuff done at home. That womans keeping me busy too and now I have housework.