Thread: Call For Summer Squash Recipes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    That is good to hear!! Because I nearly bought some cedar planks at Costco's today, and I decided not to spend the money. Sounds like a gimmich to me.

I always use charcoal, and/or wood, (never gas.. gag gag!!!), so I think the flavor is pretty good already.

While we are asking for recipes.. anybody have a good zucchinni recipe? We had a family reunion, and someone brought some sort of zucchinni spears...I don't know if it was grilled. Probably was since we were all camping out. I suspect it was drizzled with olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese.. etc. Anybody have a recipe similar to that? It was sooo good, and I never found the recipe, or (with the size of my family) even who made it.

spellcheck has alerted on gimmich, parmesan, zucchinni, and spellcheck. Good grief.. I even tried several spellings on them before thinking, "bite me".
    Try 'gimmick' and just the one 'n' in zucchini, parmesan looks right to me though. ;)

They want Parmesan capitalized.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Try 'gimmick' and just the one 'n' in zucchini, parmesan looks right to me though. ;)
    Thanks!!! I think I did repeatedly leave the C out of gimmick. ha!

I picked up some squash when I was out getting some meat for trying the new smoker tonite.
    Hey Gator!
    I sprinkled a little Essence and sea salt on them and smoked them for 1.5 hours. They were okay but next time I will use something other than Mesquite, it was a little strong. On a scale of 1 - 10 I gave them a 4, ten being good.
    The rest of the stuff comes out at 11:00!

Smoked squash

The new smoker!
    Hey Gator!

PS.. you gotta really soak those wood planks, like overnite!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    The new smoker!
    Hey Gator!

Smoking food with electricity or gas is like having sex with an overcoat on. It is OK but it could be a whole better.

Just got back from Fred's Family Restaurant in Plant City. Good black eyed peas and collard greens.

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    My wife was just playing around with some recipes to try and use up an abundance of Zucchini and crook necked yellow squash that is literrally taking over our garden. She came across a recipe for a squash casserole that actually was pretty good. I am not a big fan of summer squash, except when made into Zucchini bread, but this was good enough that I would have it again.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Yellow-...le/Detail.aspx