Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Latest AGW diagram 
    Sonnabend

Banned
    Its already false right from the start - there never was, nor has been, any "looming ice age" hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Its already false right from the start - there never was, nor has been, any "looming ice age" hysteria.
    it was quite popular in the seventies and early eighties. How old are you Wilbur?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    it was quite popular in the seventies and early eighties. How old are you Wilbur?
    31 - but no - it wasnt. The entire 'global cooling scare' was little more than a single magazine article... whose reporting was as bad and irresponsible as the reporting we're seeing today on the global warming issue.

The claim that there was a global cooling scare is a well vetted lie.

31 - but no - it wasnt. The entire 'global cooling scare' was little more than a single magazine article... whose reporting was as bad and irresponsible as the reporting we're seeing today on the global warming issue.

Thats what I thought! We heard about the coming Ice Age constantly in school. More bullshit from environmentalist scientists. Your age explains a lot of your lack of experience and knowledge. Turn off your computer and go outside and play.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's bullshit Wilbur, I remember it quite clearly.

And apparently your buds in DC are ready to throw AGW under the bus too.
    You're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED. :p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That's bullshit Wilbur, I remember it quite clearly.

And apparently your buds in DC are ready to throw AGW under the bus too.
    You're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED. :p:D
    That'd be called falling the same ol hyperbolic, headline manufacturing tricks of the press in the 60's and 70's... that one is falling for today. Sorry.

I am 33 and I quite clearly remember the hysteria of the coming ice age. You sir, are a dumbass.

Sonnabend
    Wilbur tells yet another lie

Wasnt an article, wilbur

Many climate scientists, such as Fred Singer, now a well-known contrarian, called for action to halt the cooling. US government advisers proposed putting giant mirrors into orbit to direct more sunlight onto Earth. Others suggested sprinkling Himalayan glaciers with soot to absorb heat and maintain the ice-melt that feeds the region's rivers. What prompted this panic? Three decades of evident, if mild, cooling had set the scene, but there was also genuine concern among climate scientists based on predictions of both natural and human-made climate change.

Yes there was and I just proved it.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

That is a lie Wilbur. I was around back then. It was big news - similar in scale to the acid rain scare.