1. #1 DUmmie exhibits the ultimate irony. 
    Amerigo Vespucci (1000+ posts) Sat Feb-27-10 06:15 PM
    Original message
    BWAHAHAAAAAA! The ULTIMATE freeper fuckin' CRYBABY LOSER post of ALL TIME. You will LOVE it.
    Advertisements [?]

CA Parental Control Software Blocks FR as HATE site but allows DU site to go through
    Computer Associates Security Center | 02/26/2010

Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 4:03:48 PM by SeekAndFind

Folks and Friends at Free Republic

I just wanted to inform you that one of the computers I have at home has COMPUTER ASSOCIATES' SECURITY CENTER installed on it as part of the package I have with my recent Internet and cable service provider -- CABLEVISION.

This is the CA SECURITY CENTER VERSION 4.0.0.205

Now, everytime I try to access FR on this computer, it blocks me with the following reason :

URL: http://www.freerepublic.com/perl/go-button For the following reason: based on the category Category: Hate

I have to override it by entering an administrative password to temporarily allow the FR site to go through my browser.

Out of curiosity, I tried going to the DEMOCRATIC UNDERGROUND site and lo and behold, the CA Parental Control software ALLOWED the site with no problems.

Just wanted you people to be aware of this double standard.

Surrounding the text, which is all something cut and pasted, are about 50 smilies giving the finger.
    150+ replies.

niyad (1000+ posts) Sat Feb-27-10 06:18 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. and a great big FU to FR-it must be awful to realize that people see you for exactly what you are.
    Amerigo Vespucci (1000+ posts) Sat Feb-27-10 06:19 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    4. I thought of the "Scott Tenorman Must Die" episode of "South Park"...
    ...the freepers' tears are delicious to me!

:patriot
    Divine Discontent (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-28-10 03:12 AM
    Response to Reply #4
    83. I love hearing freepers whailing and the taste of "tears of unfathomable sadness!"
    lunatica (1000+ posts) Sat Feb-27-10 06:18 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. I noticed he didn't deny the HATE part.
    5 replies into it, we hit the jackpot.

Amerigo Vespucci (1000+ posts) Sat Feb-27-10 06:20 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    5. You're right!
    Of course, irony is lost on the average freep-hole.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x7809845

Ya'll can go over to read the rest of the filth, but I don't think anyone here really needs to.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

T-Mobile tried to block me from the firearms forum a year ago saying it was inappropriate content, when I overrode them and did it anyway, they then canceled my service saying I was using to much bandwidth. I had an unlimited plan!

Yeah, those filters are just retarded in how some stuff gets tagged. CC is labelled as an activist website (meaning I can't go to it) by the firewall on Scott AFB, but CU and DU aren't. It's really weird. I tried getting them to change it, but they said they stood by how it was tagged.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Yeah, those filters are just retarded in how some stuff gets tagged. CC is labelled as an activist website (meaning I can't go to it) by the firewall on Scott AFB, but CU and DU aren't. It's really weird. I tried getting them to change it, but they said they stood by how it was tagged.
    It is wrong for the military to do that but I guess they can legally do pretty much whatever they want. I don't understand how a commercial internet provider can get away with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It is wrong for the military to do that but I guess they can legally do pretty much whatever they want. I don't understand how a commercial internet provider can get away with it though.
    Not wrong at all. In all techinicality I shouldn't be on this website anyways. Our internet service is for official use only. They block some stuff with the firewall, other things slip through. I never pushed the CC thing to hard, because I might have gotten this place blocked in the process.