1. #1 The arrogance of being president while being black 
    link

NJmaverick Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    The arrogance of being president while being black (Only a liberal would redefine the word "arrogant" to be a code word for black and indicate racism.)

I don't think anyone was under some real illusion that the election of Barack Obama actually means the end of racism in America. I'm pretty sure that the president-elect knew it better than anyone. After all, he saw it every day, from the moment he announced his candidacy. To some degree, he saw it within his own party during the primaries. And he saw it in all ugliness during the general election. For half of this country, he was "That One". No matter how big and clear his victory was. No matter how smart he is. No matter how decent he is. No matter what a true patriot he is. No matter how optimistic and positive his vision for America was. All that didn't matter. Because at the end of the day, he was still black.

I'm quite old. I remember, vaguely, where my parents been on November 22, 1963. I've seen so many presidents. Some were feared, some were hated, some were adored, some popular and some not. But all of them, without exception, were treated with the highest respect deserve to the office of the president of the United States.

That is until a black man won the right to occupy this office. It's been 13 months now, and in the eyes of so many, Barack Obama is still that one. He is being disrespected and at the same time being held to the highest standard of any president I've ever seen – and not just by the Republican side. He has to perform three times better than any president in history, and even that may not be enough.

For the media, he is many more times just "Obama" than "President Obama". They create scandals out of nothing issues. It took them at least 6 years to start giving Bush a small part of the shit he deserved. It took them 6 months to begin crap all over Obama because he's yet to fix the catastrophe that was left for him.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/2/27/841263/-The...
    President Bush treated with the highest respect by Democrats/liberals? That's right up there with swearing that 2 + 2 = 5. It took liberals 6 years to begin to call President Bush a liar and use the vilest language about him? Only in liberals delusions.

Where's he/she getting this from. I have never heard Obama referred to as "that one". "The one", yes, because of his arrogance and because of the lefts hero worship, not because his skin color happens to be black.
    Delusions, delusions, delusions.
    louis-t Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    2. I was thinking about this the other day.

Since the day he was elected, I have said that the repugs will criticize his every move and blame him for everything. It is sad that a man with such great promise has to be the one to go through this. Hopefully, the next black president will have an easier time.(ed. I certainly won't count on it. We know how liberals treat Republicans who are a minority. And liberals scream racism when it's simply an opposition to a policy or bill. The way you act now you will never believe a Black Democrat President is opposed due to policy and not simply because of racism.) Hopefully, the fundie crazies, the teabagger crazies, and the racists will settle down once they get used to the idea. I'm not holding my breath, though.

I wonder why he would not deserve respect? President Bush insisted on wearing suit and tie in the Oval Office.. Obummer wears simple short-sleeved shirts, no tie or jacket often... and bows to every foreign leader he meets and apologizes for everything that makes us great, including us being great...

You just can't escape culture..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    God...

Yet again, a DUmmie quoting something from another kook Lefty site like KOS.

Yeah, DUmmies, POTUS is being given such a hard time by the press. They make up stuff about him all the time!!!

Christ, anyone that believes that shit in that thread should have their voting rights revoked. And no sex, you're too stupid to reproduce.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    And no sex, you're too stupid to reproduce.
    Maybe the homosexuality is a good thing with them.

2 words: Dan Rather. During a prersidential election. Just 1 example and this has yet to be apologized for.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I'm quite old. I remember, vaguely, where my parents been on November 22, 1963.
    I'm guessing that he meant to say "where my parents had been on November 22, 1963."

If so, does he really want to argue that he is old? I remember where I was on November 22, 1963. I remember the girl who sat in front of me started crying when our teacher told us Kennedy had been shot. And this guy is old? He's old and I'm ancient. :eek:
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.