Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Iran Threatens That It Could Cut Europe's Oil Supply !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Iran says can cut energy to Europe, hit enemies

Iran could make European countries suffer by cutting off energy supplies and can target any adversary with its missiles, a senior Iranian military official said on Sunday.

Iran is locked in dispute with the United States and its allies over its nuclear energy programme which Western countries fear is aimed at allowing Iran the chance to develop nuclear weapons. Tehran says it is only interested in electricity.

The International Atomic Energy Agency's (IAEA) governing board meets in Vienna next week to discuss Iran while world powers are deliberating new sanctions on Iran at the level of the U.N. Security Council.

Iran is one of the world's biggest oil and gas exporters but its economy is suffering amid the global financial crisis and international ostracism over the nuclear dispute.

"Iran is standing on 50 percent of the world's energy and should it so decide Europe will have to spend the winter in cold," Hossein Salami, deputy commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards, said in a meeting with war veterans and volunteers in Kerman, according to Fars news agency.

"Our missiles are now able to target any spot in which the conspirators are in, and the country is making advances in all fields," he said.

Iran has tested a number of missiles in recent years that could be used in any war with its arch enemy Israel. Analysts say Israel could try a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/KAL854192.htm

It's their hold on Shatt al-Arab that is at least as much of a worry, if not more, than them with-holding oil exports of their own.

Their crude quality is medium at best...mid to sour, and their infrastructure is shite. Also, most of their mature fields are in steep decline off peak, and have been for some time, at least partly because of bad management by the state oil co and a lack of investment in new infrastructure to get what's left out to market.

But still, they claim 10pc of proven global reserves, and they are the worlds 2nd supplier after Saudi. They probably are saying they won't produce as much, as a threat and for propaganda, but the real reason is more likely to be that they CAN'T produce as much any more.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

The people I work for in Leonard have acquired three small oil fields and will soon be buying a fourth. They were dry for at least thirty years but are now producing again with no salt water, the gas wells are doing good too. When I finish building the roads I will be taking over the pumping too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The people I work for in Leonard have acquired three small oil fields and will soon be buying a fourth. They were dry for at least thirty years but are now producing again with no salt water, the gas wells are doing good too. When I finish building the roads I will be taking over the pumping too.
    You nailed it, Rock. It's the will to drill (or lack thereof) that's going to be the solution (or the problem), very soon. There's still lots, in the ground, but that's the problem ... it's in the ground, not being drilled.

At this rate, we will lose the ability to bring new oil to market way, way before we run out of oil.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

No doubt about it; we are sitting on enough oil and gas that we could be energy independent if we'd allow ourselves to be so. But we aren't today.

If Iran said tomorrow "we will sink any transport that attempts to pass through the Strait", the price of oil would skyrocket. They wouldn't have to fire a shot, just the threat to do so would wreck havoc on a world economy that is already struggling to recover. There have been seemingly insignificant events in oil producing lands that caused oil to jump double digits in price overnight. Just the threat that they'll stop delivery could have catastrophic consequences.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    It's their hold on Shatt al-Arab that is at least as much of a worry, if not more, than them with-holding oil exports of their own.

Their crude quality is medium at best...mid to sour, and their infrastructure is shite. Also, most of their mature fields are in steep decline off peak, and have been for some time, at least partly because of bad management by the state oil co and a lack of investment in new infrastructure to get what's left out to market.

But still, they claim 10pc of proven global reserves, and they are the worlds 2nd supplier after Saudi. They probably are saying they won't produce as much, as a threat and for propaganda, but the real reason is more likely to be that they CAN'T produce as much any more.
    That's true of most of the Arab producers.Saddam's fields were on the decline because they didn't have the technological brains to manage the process,
    invest in maintenance and update the old equipment.

Saddam was putting all of his money in building his military .The only ones who have kept their fields up to date among the Arabs is the Saudi Arabians.
    America has vast reserves and the technology to quickly drill and produce more oil than she needs now or in the foreseeable future.

The big oil company's have their price and refuse to drill new fields until they get the price they want.A bigger problem is refinerys,we have shut most of them down due to the tree humpper's constant wining about pollution and G.W.

We in America have many small oil company's with working and producing oil wells pumping along the California coast and into Oklahoma/Texas fields.
    There is an working oil refinery in Oakland California producing heating oil and gasoline to this day .One of our emergency warning systems was put to the test during the last potential catastrophe when a remote Gasoline pumping station caught fire .

The Gasoline storage tank farm sit on a hill back and above the loading point for the fuel delivery tankers for the Bay Area.The valves on the storage tanks and the pump's in the field are all remote controlled from the central control station and for the most part are all computer controlled and monitored.

The computer shutdown the pumps when the sensors detected the pump fire but the fuel in the standpipes burned for several hours.They had several different warning systems installed but ours was the only system that worked as advertised.

We Have our custom designed systems in HOVENSA, L.L.C. Hess,The largest private employer in US Virgin Islands, the company operates a 500,000 barrels-per-day crude oil refinery on St. Croix.This refinery operates two specialized oil processing complexes, a 150,000 barrels-per-day fluid catalytic cracking unit, and a 58,000 barrels-per-day delayed coker unit. In addition, Hess owns and operates a 70,000-barrels-per-day fluid catalytic cracking unit in Port Reading, New Jersey, to supply Hess-branded retail outlets in the Northeast.

One of my past projects was designing emergency warning systems for oil fields and processing stations.One project was the Kuwait production hub that Iraq attacked.The system had fifty solar powered high powered emergency warning siren towers staged around the pumping fields with strobe lights on all of the towers linked by radio to a central control system.The toughest part of the design was modifying the radios they specified because they were ultra low powered units from a New Zealand company.

They were designed as narrow bandwidth FM transceivers for fleet com applications but we needed a broad band FSK data channel FM transceiver.After a little work we modified the lot an no additional cost and had our field people go to Kuwait and install the system .

The system was designed and tested with the radios set at about ten watts output power giving us a radio range of about twenty miles .After the systems were all installed and fully tested and all of their operations people trained they had us turn the power levels down to about one watt for security purposes.
    The Kuwaiti National Security people don't like people transmitting radio messages from the dessert to foreign countries.

Amazingly the system worked well even at those low power levels because of the antennas we used. We finished the system,got paid and left Kuwait just in time before the Iraqi invasion .After the war the follow up contracts to repair and rebuild the system was twice as expensive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Capped wells in LA, MS and TX (don't know about OK) are being injected with CO2. Denbury Resources has been using this process in MS for years to extract oil from old wells that have been dormant for many years. It is estimated that there remains 50 to 60% below the ground. Piping from MS to the Delhi Field in LA has been completed and injection of wells that cover a wide area are under way. Extraction will start this summer. I should be shitting in high cotton when my royalty checks start rolling in.

If capped oil wells throughout the rest of the US were injected with CO2, it might be enough to tell the camel jockeys to go fly a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Capped wells in LA, MS and TX (don't know about OK) are being injected with CO2. Denbury Resources has been using this process in MS for years to extract oil from old wells that have been dormant for many years. It is estimated that there remains 50 to 60% below the ground. Piping from MS to the Delhi Field in LA has been completed and injection of wells that cover a wide area are under way. Extraction will start this summer. I should be shitting in high cotton when my royalty checks start rolling in.

If capped oil wells throughout the rest of the US were injected with CO2, it might be enough to tell the camel jockeys to go fly a kit.
    But,But CO2 Is Toxic,just ask algore !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [I]
    The big oil company's have their price and refuse to drill new fields until they get the price they want.A bigger problem is refinerys,we have shut most of them down due to the tree humpper's constant wining about pollution and G.W.

The truth is that the big oil companies in the US have a bunch of Congressional critters that hate the oil companies, want to tax them to death and run them out of business. With a business environment like that, I don't blame a company like Exxon for sitting on oil leases in AK. BTW, Gov Palin told them to drill or lose the leases. A major accomplishment on her part. It is in big oil companies interest to not glut the world with oil causing the price to go way down. Making money like any company is their objective. .

What I can not understand is the idiotic foreign policies that we have had in the M.E. We spend billions on saving Kuwait ass from S.H. and what do we get for it. At least the sorry bastards could have paid for the war effort. We fought the war to stabilize oil prices. Now is the time for payback. Oh shit, I can dream. We turn around and spend billions along which is no way as precious as the loss of over 4, 000 lives saving another shit-hole country like Iraq. Iraq puts out bids for oil leases in several parts of the country. The greedy bastards should have awarded all or most of the contracts to US companies. The big US companies were not sucessfull because some of the bids were so low that the foreign company will be lucky to break even. The companies were bidding on the dollar amount that they would receive for each barrel they brought up out of the ground. So the price of oil (up or down )had no effect on them. The bidder that won the leases bid between $2 and $6 per barrel. Damn shame that these assholes want us to defend them, re-build their country, spend billion and they turn around and kick us in the ass with the sale on oil leases.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    But,But CO2 Is Toxic,just ask algore !
    Screw Al Gore.