Thread: School Official: Carrying Bible Could Lead to Fight

1. #1 School Official: Carrying Bible Could Lead to Fight 
    Interesting...

A 16-year-old boy from Racine was recently sent to the principal's office for carrying his Bible.
    Nathan de La Garza tells the Racine Journal Times his pastor had challenged him to carry his Bible with him at all times.
    It didn't go over well at Park High School, where an assistant principal told him to keep religion discussions out of school.
    De La Garza tells the Journal Times the assistant principal was concerned he might offend somebody and entice a physical fight.
    A district spokesman claims some of De La Garza's discussions had turned into disruptive "debates."
    So let's understand the school's view here. Someone who is doing something completely with in his rights should discontinue the legal behavior because it might entice someone else to act in an illegal and irrational manner that might violate the rights of the person behaving legally and rationally? I think this could be considered a new defination of insanity. A new rule of thumb now is to not buy a big screen TV because it might entice someone to break in to your house and steal it.

Story here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Wow, if high schools could only ban all things that might make students fight....

I would think sports jerseys would rate higher on that scale than the Bible. Like, if I had a kid and moved to Denver. If he wore a Wings jersey to school, I would expect him to come home all beat up.

What this kid needs to do is to team up with an arab or african-american muslim, and see if the school would ban that kid from carrying the Koran. If the school fails to do so, then the christian kid can clearly claim discrimination and sue the pants off of everyone involved.

The school could (theoretically) punish "debate" behavior that violated the school rules but they can't forbid the kid from carrying a bible or discussing it during non-class time. Every school that pulled this kind of thing has ended up losing in court of settling out of court.

The very fact that this happens so often kind of shows you how stupid public school teachers and administrators are, I guess.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The school could (theoretically) punish "debate" behavior that violated the school rules but they can't forbid the kid from carrying a bible or discussing it during non-class time. Every school that pulled this kind of thing has ended up losing in court of settling out of court.

The very fact that this happens so often kind of shows you how stupid public school teachers and administrators are, I guess.
    College teachers are probably worse.

Funny how the Bible is getting treated worse then Mein Kampf.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy