Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 It's criminal to send money to Haiti when we have crumbling infrastructure here... 
    I can't understand, other than the Liberal PC bullshit mindset, why we give a shit about rebuilding Haiti... It's infuriating!!! Haiti has always and will always be nothing more than a charity case.. They will never contribute anything to the world, and they will never repay any of the aid given them by us and other developed nations.. Our government should only spend our money on interests that will benefit America in some way, and propping Haiti absolutely will not... It was a shit hole before the disaster, and it will be a shit hole long after, no matter how many millions we sink into that cess pool because you can't escape culture... We should stop wasting money on this disaster beyond a firm time-table of basic humanitarian aid... After that, they should be on their own..
    Last edited by stsinner; 03-02-2010 at 10:20 PM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Just to make you feel a little better, every dime we send them is borrowed with interest and will be repaid by your children and their children!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I can't understand, other than the Liberal PC bullshit mindset, why we give a shit about rebuilding Haiti... It's infuriating!!! Haiti has always and will always be nothing more than a charity case.. They will never contribute anything to the world, and they will never repay any of the aid given them by us and other developed nations.. Our government should only spend our money on interests that will benefit America in some way, and propping Haiti absolutely will not... It was a shit hole before the disaster, and it will be a shit hole long after, no matter how many millions we sink into that cess pool because you can't escape culture... We should stop wasting money on this disaster beyond a firm time-table of basic humanitarian aid... After that, they should be on their own..
    You really should drop the 'st' and the beginning of your screen name.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Excellent disputation of my facts.. . Once again.. Not surprising... Do you really think our Founding Fathers would have been so into charity work if they had needs that weren't met? Remember, bleeding heart, that they were of the mindset of, "If you don't work, you don't eat.."

Too many people riding on the wagon vs. people pushing the wagon to greener pastures.. When early settlers decided to go West for new lands, you helped push or pull the wagon.. Under only sever circumstances did you ever ride on the wagon being pulled by the group.. Today, there are more unsavory, perfectly viable workers riding on the wagon... Haiti, for one...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Just to make you feel a little better, every dime we send them is borrowed with interest and will be repaid by your children and their children!
    I feel you, Rock, and as I looked into the eyes of my 3 mo. old daughter today when I was feeding her her mother's booby juice, I got that profound feeling!!!! Why do we care for others before ourselves!!!??? I just don't get it.. Haiti can't even be a s tragic partner.. They have absolutely NOTHING to offer.. Why do we care??? We are BROKE!!!!!!!! Even at home we are broke, so how do we have the money to give these heathens????

He is right on this one Flagator. It is good to give of your own money for the needy. it is even good for a country to give of its wealth to help another, but to borrow money so that future generations will become enslaved to pay it back is wrong. And it's all done in public to show the world how benevolent we are. It is easy to be benevolent with money that does not belong to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He is right on this one Flagator. It is good to give of your own money for the needy. it is even good for a country to give of its wealth to help another, but to borrow money so that future generations will become enslaved to pay it back is wrong. And it's all done in public to show the world how benevolent we are. It is easy to be benevolent with money that does not belong to you.
    I object to the lack of due diligence as to where this money is going. The officials dummied up the figures on the number of people killed and have just viewed it as an opportunity to suck more money from everyone. Of course, they needed humanitarian aid. The people in the devestated areas needed medical care, rescue, food. But look at how they absolutely stole everything. It's a problem delivering the food to the people who need it without it being stolen by bandits.

Locally they've been showing pictures of bridges that have 2 of the 4 lanes closed, due to poor infrastructure. Concrete has fallen on cars parked under main highways, near Busch Stadium. Our country is falling apart, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I feel you, Rock, and as I looked into the eyes of my 3 mo. old daughter today when I was feeding her her mother's booby juice, I got that profound feeling!!!! Why do we care for others before ourselves!!!??? I just don't get it.. Haiti can't even be a s tragic partner.. They have absolutely NOTHING to offer.. Why do we care??? We are BROKE!!!!!!!! Even at home we are broke, so how do we have the money to give these heathens????
    You are entitled to your opinion as I am to my. But it is really enlightening to see that you believe in tit for tat. Since they have nothing to offer they are worthless humans? Is that how you define who should receive help and who shouldn't? Mercy and kindness does exist in your world view? That is fine my friend but trust me one, someday you will need mercy and kindness and when you do I hope that you don't meet someone like yourself.

As you know I try to base my views on what Jesus taught. To please him and to do my best to behave as he would have me is my ownly concern. He did not ask me to show mercy and kindness only to those who deserve it, only to those who in some way could do something to pay me back. I also work from the view that God is in control of everything and if money is being spent on Haiti then that is the Lord's will on the matter and who am I to tell Him what He should do?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Too often our elected leaders are giving our money away to nations that will n ever, could never pay it back.. There is nothing at all that will ever be profitable about Haiti, yet Colin Powell says we need to rebuild it better than it was before... WHY!!?"?? They didn't build it better in the first place, so why should be build their country for them better than it was before???

It's no different than if you owned a restaurant and you had customers that were hungry but had no money.. Sure, it would feel good to give them a meal and satisfy their hunger, but if you continued to do that you'd be out of business.. It's time America started giving money only when there is the possibility of a return on investment.. We may owe China a lot of money, but if we ever demanded repayment for our philanthropy around the world and the countries actually ponied up, we'd be a rich nation...

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to my. But it is really enlightening to see that you believe in tit for tat. Since they have nothing to offer they are worthless humans? Is that how you define who should receive help and who shouldn't? Mercy and kindness does exist in your world view? That is fine my friend but trust me one, someday you will need mercy and kindness and when you do I hope that you don't meet someone like yourself.

As you know I try to base my views on what Jesus taught. To please him and to do my best to behave as he would have me is my ownly concern. He did not ask me to show mercy and kindness only to those who deserve it, only to those who in some way could do something to pay me back. I also work from the view that God is in control of everything and if money is being spent on Haiti then that is the Lord's will on the matter and who am I to tell Him what He should do?
    Oh, don't act like I have no compassion.. Mercy and kindness is one thing, but you don't give money to people who will spend it irresponsibly and at the peril of your own country.. I know that Haiti isn't going to be the end of America, but it sure as hell is contributing.. We don't have the money we're sending there-we're borrowing every dime we spend any more, and it's time we stopped the philanthropy for a while and built ourselves back up so that we're better able to help..

The best gift we could give the world would be to get our country healthy again so that we can continue to give to the needy nations around the world, but we're sick now, and we're in no position to keep showering the world with free money that will never be paid back...

My favorite inspirational speaker, Jim Rohn, said it beautifully.. When it comes to helping others-your friends, your spouse, etc, he is of the philosophy, "I will take care of me for you if you will take care of you for me" ...