Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 So I completely shut a teabagger down on a campus bus... 
    link

GaYellowDawg Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    So I completely shut a teabagger down on a campus bus...

She started griping about how bad the government was and how we just ought to throw everyone out. I said that I liked what we had now a whole lot better than what we'd had the previous 8 years. Then she said that there wasn't any bipartisanship.

I said, "I don't care about bipartisanship. You know why? Because the government was a complete failure when the Republicans were in charge. A complete failure. They failed to stop 9/11, they lied us into war, gave us $4 gas, and they took a wrecking ball to the economy. There wasn't a single thing they didn't screw up. I don't want bipartisanship with failure. You know what you get when you compromise with failure? Failure. You want to kick politicians out of office, you start with every single person with an (R) beside their name and you replace them with actual competent people who give a damn about someone besides the rich."

She was stunned. And there were quite a few nods all around.
    The new definition of "tea bagger" seems to be anyone who disagrees with them.
    Skittles Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Original message
    1. I wish Obama would adopt this attitude
    democracy1st Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    3. man u kicked her butt with knowledge I just know she looked at you as if you were crazy!
    Raster Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    6. Yah, Baybee!!! Woot!

Thank you!
    Thanks for being a ranting thug. We win when you do that.

When did the Republican party start setting gas prices? I must have missed it when Bush signed that bill into law.

Fixt for accuracy:

Original message
    I was a raving loon in public today...

Wait a minute...!! The Republicans lied us into war AND gave us $4 gas??? I thought we invaded Iraq for the oil!!!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

This story is a........

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    She was stunned. And there were quite a few nods all around.
    Oh come on. You know that a true story like this would end with everyone on the bus giving you a standing ovation, not just nods.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote:
    Original message
    So I
    Nuff said. All the other words were made up. Why do we not hear stories of how the heroic DUmmy met a worthy adversary? Apparently, none of the Conservatives out there are prepared for these confrontations. Those vaunted DUmmy talking points are so profound that we are incapable of mounting a suitable defense. DUmmies lie, DUmmies lie all the time.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Now I'm going to have fun with this:

So I completely shut a teabagger down on a campus bus...
    OK, this automatically qualifies this as a bouncy. As we all know, all stories beginning with "So" are all bullshit.

I said that I liked what we had now a whole lot better than what we'd had the previous 8 years.
    You mean like under 5% unemployment, record home sales, and a somewhat of a booming economy that all still occurred after the worst terrorist attack in history?

Because the government was a complete failure when the Republicans were in charge. A complete failure.
    See above. Again, unemployment was under 5% for most of Bush's term and didn't hit 5% until July of '08 and it really took off after the November election:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYf3w...eature=related

They failed to stop 9/11
    Um, Bush was in office a hot 9 months when this happened. And, the failures are traced back to Clinton's administration since it was under him that the lines of communication between our intelligent communities were cut under him. Not to mention his refusal to take Bin Laden when given a golden opportunity to do so.

they lied us into war,
    First "they failed to stop 9/11" and now "they lied us into war". So what you're saying, genius, is that 9/11 was a lie? And if you're talking about Iraq and WMD's, are these the lies you are referring to: http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm

gave us $4 gas
    Um, Republicans, nor Democrats for that matter, do not set gas prices, or any other price with the exception for the excessively punitive tax rates. You might want to brush up on that little dealy called the Constitution. You know, that little document Mr. Hopey-Changey is using for toilet paper these days.

and they took a wrecking ball to the economy.
    Actually the economy was doing pretty well until the Democrats took over after the 2006 mid-terms and has gotten exponentially worse since Obumble took over.

Too bad I don't run into these idiots at the grocery store or on buses. I'd have a field day. Did I mention that I always carry a pocket Constitution?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned

Ga YellowDawg really means is ... YOU MUST LOVE BIG BROTHER!

Always a few nods, clapping, a couple " Right On!" with theses stories .. ya, right.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You mean like under 5% unemployment, record home sales, and a somewhat of a booming economy that all still occurred after the worst terrorist attack in history?
    I don't know if I'd consider this a plus. That home sales record was a big part of the problems we have right now.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.