Thread: So I completely shut a teabagger down on a campus bus...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I don't know if I'd consider this a plus. That home sales record was a big part of the problems we have right now.
    While a part of the housing collapse was some people buying over their heads, a bigger part was people buying homes as investment properties and trying to flip them. They qualified to buy these houses even though they already had a primary home because of relaxed rules.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,319
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I don't know if I'd consider this a plus. That home sales record was a big part of the problems we have right now.
    I'm keeping it in the context of the time. But while we're on the subject of the collapse, you can point some major fingers at Barney Frank.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm keeping it in the context of the time. But while we're on the subject of the collapse, you can point some major fingers at Barney Frank.
    EXACTLY! Hell, I'd settle for just 1 finger, the middle one.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,319
    In another thread, some DUmmie said that every time a Republican is president, they screw things up for 10 years. Tells you something about Democrats. Jimmy Carter screwed this country up something serious and it took Reagan 2 years to straighten things out.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,071
    "3. man u kicked her butt with knowledge I just know she looked at you as if you were crazy!"
    Because you ARE crazy!

    As for raising gas prices, I'd definitely blame Democrats for that more than Republicans, on account of their consistent efforts to block any and all domestic oil drilling.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    "3. man u kicked her butt with knowledge I just know she looked at you as if you were crazy!"
    Because you ARE crazy!

    As for raising gas prices, I'd definitely blame Democrats for that more than Republicans, on account of their consistent efforts to block any and all domestic oil drilling.
    ...and their constant call for higher taxes.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    BSR
    Guest
    I have a theory on these people who come up with these Bouncy Stories.


    These people were the children who didnt develop social skills growing up so they were easy targets for bullies. They never confronted the kids who harrassed them but instead always made up things they would have done differently after the fact ( "I wish he would call me a loser again, cause I'll do a spinning heel kick to his face then punch him in the balls"). Basically a way to cope with the humiliation of being picked on. He or she makes up a fantasy senarios to help deal with the underlining issues of why he or she is being harrassed.

    Most kids grow out of it, these people have not. They live their lives through fantasy senarios to help them feel beeter about their shitty lives. They make themselves the "heroes" because their entier lives have been miserable to deal with. It's an escape for them. And for a moment makes them "the popular kid" that use to pick on them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    I have a theory on these people who come up with these Bouncy Stories.


    These people were the children who didnt develop social skills growing up so they were easy targets for bullies. They never confronted the kids who harrassed them but instead always made up things they would have done differently after the fact ( "I wish he would call me a loser again, cause I'll do a spinning heel kick to his face then punch him in the balls"). Basically a way to cope with the humiliation of being picked on. He or she makes up a fantasy senarios to help deal with the underlining issues of why he or she is being harrassed.

    Most kids grow out of it, these people have not. They live their lives through fantasy senarios to help them feel beeter about their shitty lives. They make themselves the "heroes" because their entier lives have been miserable to deal with. It's an escape for them. And for a moment makes them "the popular kid" that use to pick on them.
    You don't see how this post, outlying your "theory" is drenched with irony?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    BSR
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You don't see how this post, outlying your "theory" is drenched with irony?


    Please continue.. The floor is yours...
    Last edited by BSR; 03-05-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You don't see how this post, outlying your "theory" is drenched with irony?
    Sounds like he touched a nerve. What was your Bouncy submission?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •