1. #1 Rangel stepping down from tax-writing chairmanship 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!

WASHINGTON – Rep. Charles Rangel announced Wednesday he will temporarily step down as chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, saying he didn't want his ethics controversy to jeopardize election prospects for fellow Democrats.

The 20-term Harlem congressman held a news conference on short notice, telling reporters, "My chairmanship is bringing so much attention to the press, and in order to avoid my colleagues having to defend me during their elections, I have this morning sent a letter" asking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi "to grant me a leave of absence until such time as the ethics committee completes its work."

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aq.WGAGgsy..._ethics_rangel
    Make it permanent and I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 03-03-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Fix pic.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

2. #2 "Rangel Bobs And Weaves PLay's 'Ropa Dopa' Keeps His Head Way Down." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Rangel steps down as tax panel chairman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKeo4w7npA

Embattled Democrat takes 'leave of absence' amid ongoing ethics probe
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35678683...-capitol_hill/

Good for Wrangler, uh, Rustler, Um, theif Rangel. Bad for the DUmboRAT party and PeeLOUSY for not having the professionalism, integrity, courage, and decency to sanction him and ignominiously strip him of his Chairmanship.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I think Charlie needs a bigger watch.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Good for Wrangler, uh, Rustler, Um, theif Rangel. Bad for the DUmboRAT party and PeeLOUSY for not having the professionalism, integrity, courage, and decency to sanction him and ignominiously strip him of his Chairmanship.
    The whole idea is to hide out until the storm is over.Pelosi will not dump him unless she has no choice.I'm starting to think that she's his alma mater.

If Rangel were white and a Republican, he'd be, at this very moment, enjoying a lovely vacation roasting on a spit over hot coals.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The whole idea is to hide out until the storm is over.Pelosi will not dump him unless she has no choice.I'm starting to think that she's his alma mater.
    That was my thought as well, Rangel will still get off free from what he has been doing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    She does not want to piss off the Black Caucus who stands behind this tax cheat and fraud a 100%. Don't you know being a black Democrat is a special critter with preferences.

Megi: Great song by the way & you must be almost as old as me.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 03-03-2010 at 03:28 PM.

The most ethical Congress, Evah!

Effin' biatch...

:mad: DAMN. I liked being able to point to his unethical ass in that important chairmanship. Even the most blind idiot can see how crooked he's been.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.