Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Muslim woman barred from flight after refusing body scan 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Muslim woman barred from flight after refusing body scan

A Muslim woman is thought to have become the first passenger to be stopped from boarding a flight after refusing to go through a full body scanner for religious reasons. The passenger was at Manchester Airport for a flight to Islamabad when she was selected at random to pass through the security screen. She was warned she would not be allowed to board the Pakistan International Airlines flight if she did not comply with the request but she decided to forfeit her ticket. Her female travelling companion also left the airport after she cited ''medical reasons'' for not wanting to...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...body-scan.html

Kudos to the security personnel...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Probable Cause???

She could always swim. The Channel would be difficult with her chioce of swimwear though.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Are the body scanners the same thing as the air puffers? The photo on the link shows a pretty revealing image of the person being scanned.

I'm not defending the woman, though. Flying isn't a right, and if you want to get on a plane, you have to follow the airline's procedures. But the air puffers are allegedly pretty effective and if they don't show an image of the person being scanned, they would be a suitable alternative in airports where female modesty is an issue on a regular basis. I'm just thinking that muslims aren't the only group out their that have the female modesty thing going, and it's going to come up again.

If the population is big enough of these air-puffer deniers, the shipping industry will make a comeback. Once safely onshore, they can thumb a ride on the nearest caravan to their favorite desert wasteland.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Are the body scanners the same thing as the air puffers? The photo on the link shows a pretty revealing image of the person being scanned.
    The scanners are very revealing (though they can't detect internal threats). I wouldn't want to go through one, either.

But that's the world we live thanks to some members of the religion of peace. :(

Power CUer
    Well, that's the breaks. I have no problem with scanners, revealing or not (that's going to be a lot harder on the people looking at the image than it will be on me). Coming back from Paris, I had the most thorough body patdown I've ever had, and I was okay with that too. There was a Muslim woman on the flight in a full length dress (not burka) with headscarf (face revealed), and she went through it too.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Good!

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Well, that's the breaks. I have no problem with scanners, revealing or not (that's going to be a lot harder on the people looking at the image than it will be on me). Coming back from Paris, I had the most thorough body patdown I've ever had, and I was okay with that too. There was a Muslim woman on the flight in a full length dress (not burka) with headscarf (face revealed), and she went through it too.

Most of the older muslim women around here wear a full-length dress and the hijab (the scarf). The young woman who works the take-out counter at my favorite middle-eastern restaurant wears comfortable, western clothes like pants and blouses, along with the hijab. I'm pretty sure she's second-generation and was either born here, or her family came here when she was really young.

The people who work in that restaurant are a mixed bunch, not all are of middle eastern descent and not all are muslims. There is a hostess who wears totally western clothing and never covers her hair. There is a waitress who is blond and blue-eyed. That's one of the reasons I choose to eat there instead of some of the other ME places around town-the owners hire from the community, not just from their families.

Sonnabend
    A Muslim woman is thought to have become the first passenger to be stopped from boarding a flight after refusing to go through a full body scanner for religious reasons
    Tough break lady. The security is there for a reason.

You dont like it? Start swimming.

Bitch.:mad: