Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    My first reaction when I heard about them was that they were trying to BLUNT the effect of the Tea Party people.

3. #13 Go 
    Coffee Party?... I'm sure it's decaf.
    ________
    ANIME TUBES
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    My first reaction when I heard about them was that they were trying to BLUNT the effect of the Tea Party people.
    But it won't. Even an astroturf movement to check bloated government is better than anything we've had in 30 years. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I think the impact of the tea parties caught them completely by surprise and this is their attempt to create a left-wing version. I'm still trying to figure out what they'll do as an analog to the march on DC, though. How do you protest what you love?

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    I think the impact of the tea parties caught them completely by surprise and this is their attempt to create a left-wing version. I'm still trying to figure out what they'll do as an analog to the march on DC, though. How do you protest what you love?
    By demanding for more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Be nice - these people want some of the things we want. I'll spilt a donut with anybody who wants to put Washington on a diet. :D
    Great, save a chocolate glazed for me.

The Tea Party argues for stripping the federal government of many of its roles, and that if government has to be involved, it should be mostly state governments.
    If that's what they actually focused on in a reasonable and pragmatic manner, then I'd be at every rally...

Also, some states need to get their own house in order (mine CA) and other states need to step up to the plate and get off the federal dime (hello Alaska)...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Great, save a chocolate glazed for me.

If that's what they actually focused on in a reasonable and pragmatic manner, then I'd be at every rally...

Also, some states need to get their own house in order (mine CA) and other states need to step up to the plate and get off the federal dime (hello Alaska)...
    If dip-shit liberals would change their idiotic opinions of offshore drilling and their anti-business mantra, maybe you'll could dig your way out. That would be too simple for the Environmental quacks though.

As far as a chocolate glazed one at the Coffee Party, it's will just put more of a bad taste in your mouth cause it's more of the wrong medicine.