Thread: there's a large right-wing faction in the Democratic Party

1. #1 there's a large right-wing faction in the Democratic Party 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x7839046
    Ardent15 (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-03-10 10:18 PM
    Original message
    Notice that there's a large right-wing faction in the Democratic Party, but the GOP...
    Edited on Wed Mar-03-10 10:18 PM by Ardent15
    ...is uniformly conservative, with the factions being right, far right, and Palin/Beck right.

Yet a majority of Americans support progressive policies, from universal health care to safety nets in general.

I'm convinced that the Powers that Be are conservative because progressive policies are a threat to them. The question is: Are they conservative because they are afraid of losing their power, or are they afraid of losing their power because they're conservative?

It's a chicken-and-the-egg thing.

Regardless, our two major political parties, Congress, President, and Supreme Court do not represent the People, even though they are SUPPOSED to. But "public interest" and "the common good" are terms scoffed at by the Powers That Be.
    Jaw dropping ignorance!

That a good one. Acknowleding there are conservative leaning members of the Dem party while simultaneously claiming the majority of Americans are "progressive." :D

Yet a majority of Americans support progressive policies, from universal health care to safety nets in general.
    OK, this guy really needs to stop basing his opinions on the echo chamber that is DU.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    OK, this guy really needs to stop basing his opinions on the echo chamber that is DU.
    Yeah, that's an incredibly ignorant and a head-in-the-sand statement.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

DU and reality ... not on speaking terms at the moment
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Well I guess that is a real post....:eek: The stupidity of it, made me think Rock made it up...

Wow these people are delusional!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    DU and reality ... not on speaking terms at the moment
    I'm not sure they've ever been on speaking terms.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Hence is the way of the left. They feel that since their own little group of friends think like them this qualifies as a microcosm of society as a whole. Take Pauline Keil. After Nixon carried 49 of 50 states in '72, she made the comment that she didn't understand how Nixon could have won because she didn't know anyone who voted for him. As for this moron, over 50% don't want this healthcare bill not to mention that in a recent poll 40% consider themselves conservative while only 21% consider themselves liberal.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

"Yet a majority of Americans support progressive policies, from universal health care to safety nets in general."
    Actually, no. What cleaning fluid did that DUmmy load into his bong when he wrote that?
    1) Most Americans oppose socialized medicine.
    2) For a more tangible example, remember Prop 8 and similar gay marriage bans put up for vote across the country in the 2008 elections? Most if not all of those passed (Including Prop 8, in freaking CALIFORNIA!).