Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11  
    Senior Member dixierat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Out in the sticks
    Posts
    178
    Did you check the system application log? You might get some more information or even the offer of a solution from MS there.

    When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

    Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT shoreline
    Posts
    288
    Is your disk running out of space? Defraggers generally have to shift data to unused sectors temporarily.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Odd one that, this is what I have so far

    The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
    Explanation:..............A secret is an encrypted piece of information, such as a password or user name.


    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true
    Windows 2000 Resource Kit > Windows 2000 Error Messages Reference
    Error Message:

    The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
    Explanation:..............A secret is an encrypted piece of information, such as a password or user name.
    User Action:Contact the supplier of the running application.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    Did you check the system application log? You might get some more information or even the offer of a solution from MS there.

    Strange thing about that also. Only logs are Sample logs ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Is your disk running out of space? Defraggers generally have to shift data to unused sectors temporarily.
    Disk usage is currently only 17%


    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Odd one that, this is what I have so far

    The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
    Explanation:..............A secret is an encrypted piece of information, such as a password or user name.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true
    Windows 2000 Resource Kit > Windows 2000 Error Messages Reference
    Error Message:

    The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
    Explanation:..............A secret is an encrypted piece of information, such as a password or user name.
    User Action:Contact the supplier of the running application.
    I sent an SOS to Microsoft support. Waiting tosee what Hadji comes up with
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-04-2008 at 04:07 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15 too many secrets 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    i also had the too many secrets system restore problem and it was down to a an uninvited user account called machine stop which i deleted from user accounts it said it was password protected but i deleted it in safe mode everything back to normal now good luck
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,819
    Settec Astronomy.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

    Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •