1. #1 Thursday Encounters... 
    Today is cold but sunny. I think this has been the coldest winter here in North Florida in my memory. I can't remember the last time temps broke the low 70s and this is unusal. I guess it's global warming... of the man made kind ;)

TOTD. If you could meet any person that ever lived and talk with them who would it be and what would you talk about? I would like to have a long talk with Paul of Tarsus and discuss with him what he really intended to say in relation to some of his views that get so debated and confused by theologians through out history.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    TOTD: If I met Cary Grant there wouldn't be much talking involved.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    TOTD: If I met Cary Grant there wouldn't be much talking involved.
    My God you're old!!!!!!!:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Cold as a witches tit for this time of year in south LA; sunny & up to 60 in the pm.

We're warming up! Today is the first day that I could wear my lined duster instead of my thick coat since November. We have a rain/snow mix tooling in at the end of the week but things are looking up.

TOTD: This would depend on my mood. I'd like to get Jefferson's take on what's going on but I wouldn't be adverse to having lunch with Larry McMurtry or Calvin Coolidge. I'd still like to hear what a castrato opera sounded like in 1820 or so.

It was cold when I left for work, but it's nice here today. Sunny, around 40, this is good compared to the last few weeks.

TOTD I would love to meet William Shakespeare. It would be fun to show him some of the movies that have been made of his plays, and ask his opinion of them. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he hated some highly respected actor or director's interpretation of his work? Or if he thought Harold Bloom totally misunderstood everything he wrote?