Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Shots Fired at Pentagon; Two Police and Gunman Injured 
    Two police officers were injured by a gunman firing shots outside the Pentagon tonight and a suspect is in custody, a police spokesman said.

An aerial view of the Pentagon in Arlington, Va. s seen in this Sept. 2003 file photo. There were reports of two police officers were shot outside the Pentagon Metro station on Thursday, March 4, 2009.
    (Andy Dunaway/USAF via Getty Images)The officers' injuries were not life-threatening, police said.

The suspect was injured when police returned fire, according to a Defense Department statement. The extent of the suspect's injuries were not immediately clear.

All three were taken to George Washington Hospital in Washington, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The shooting occurred around 6:35 p.m. at the entrance to the Pentagon Metro Station, which is just outside the Pentagon's main entrance.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/pentagon-sh...ry?id=10014570
    Last edited by bijou; 03-05-2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: to comply ith B/N format
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Jesus Christ... What did he look like?

"Keevill would not identifiy the suspect. " Fucking pussy...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Jesus Christ... What did he look like?

"Keevill would not identifiy the suspect. " Fucking pussy...
    I get pissed when the suspect is still at large and they won't identify for PC reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I get pissed when the suspect is still at large and they won't identify for PC reasons.
    I don't know if it's PC reasons or national security ones. Let's wait and trust the Pentagon on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I don't know if it's PC reasons or national security ones. Let's wait and trust the Pentagon on this one.
    You missed my point. I don't care about this one, the suspect has been apprehended, at this point it is none of my concern , merely a curiosity. on the other hand if the suspect were at large a detailed description should be given in order to catch the suspect, a lot of times recently law enforcement and media do not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You missed my point. I don't care about this one, the suspect has been apprehended, at this point it is none of my concern , merely a curiosity. on the other hand if the suspect were at large a detailed description should be given in order to catch the suspect, a lot of times recently law enforcement and media do not do that.
    Stsinner asked what he looked like and you seemed to be going in the same direction. I agree with you that suspects that are still a danger should have their descriptions released. On this case, though, the Pentagon will take care of it.

Oh god. Word is the guy was a Truther. His internet postings showed he hated the military, and believed 9/11 was an inside job.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588074,00.html

Keep an eye out on DU for any missing posters.

Here's a rambling post of his on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JPatrickBedell

I'm going to be watching DU like a hawk and see how they try to spin this shit.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Sonnabend
    The user named JPatrickBedell wrote the Sabow case was "a step toward establishing the truth of events such as the September 11 demolitions."

Power CUer
    Looks like the profile he fit was closest to .... StSinner's. Wonder if "John Patrick Bedell" was the kind of name he was expecting?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I always wonder what the motivation (I'm not saying that there is an alterior motive, its just suspicious) is when people get upset by a lack of a description. Often the description is not given because the police have a good idea who did it and do not want to spook them while the cops close in. I suspect that some people want to know what they look like so that they can be on the look out for them (those that live near the crime scene). Others I feel are looking to have some tightly held belief validated.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis