Thread: Freedom Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Freedom Friday 
    Power CUer
    Sunny and cool this morning in the DC area, but it should get warm enough this weekend to melt most of the rest of the snow.

TOTD: Tomorrow I have the uncommon luxury of a day all to myself - no one around, nothing I have to do for anyone but me. What would you do with a day like that? :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

TOTD: When I'm working mids (like right now), my days off are like that. Family is sleeping while I'm active. Since it's the middle of the night there isn't a whole lot that I do. I'll generally play some video games, build models, or watch tv. In the warmer months I'll usually go for a run or something outside just to get some fresh air.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Sunny and cool...

TOTD: read, read, read and work on some of the web sites I support or design new ones.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

It's clouding up and we'll get a rain/snow thing this afternoon. The weekend will be mixed with slightly higher temps but a chance of snow.

TOTD: This time of year, I'd bake a more elaborate type of cookie or go riding or go skiing but probably not all three in one day. :p

Power CUer
    I'm thinking some creative time in the kitchen, after a long walk. It's supposed to be nice out tomorrow.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Sunny and cool this morning in the DC area, but it should get warm enough this weekend to melt most of the rest of the snow.

TOTD: Tomorrow I have the uncommon luxury of a day all to myself - no one around, nothing I have to do for anyone but me. What would you do with a day like that? :)
    I am in absolute awe! This is actually possible? Come on, you made it up!

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm thinking some creative time in the kitchen, after a long walk. It's supposed to be nice out tomorrow.
    You could make puff pastry or Danish pastry. They always take so long. :)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I am in absolute awe! This is actually possible? Come on, you made it up!
    Well, I don't have goats.

Banned
    Having a heat wave here with temps in the mid 60's.

TOTD: Planning a trip to the beach, to the park to feed the birds and squirrels and playing on the computer cause everyday is a holiday being retired.