1. #1 Man held in Fla. on charge of threatening Obama 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Aug 7 05:10 PM US/Eastern
    By CURT ANDERSON
    AP Legal Affairs Writer

MIAMI (AP) - A man who authorities said was keeping weapons and military-style gear in his hotel room and car appeared in court Thursday on charges he threatened to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Raymond Hunter Geisel, 22, was arrested by the Secret Service on Saturday in Miami and was ordered held at Miami's downtown detention center without bail Thursday by a federal magistrate.

A Secret Service affidavit charges that Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. According to someone else in the 48-member class, Geisel allegedly referred to Obama with a racial epithet and continued, "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."

Linky

Kook. And yes, it's Florida.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    To be fair to FL, he was from the state of Maine. Sounds like he has some mental problems.

He's an equal opportunity nut:

Another person in the class quoted Geisel as saying that "he hated George W. Bush and that he wanted to put a bullet in the president's head," according to the Secret Service.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    He's an equal opportunity nut:
    "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."
    I think the threat against Bush is actually more actionable. But it's better for the paper sales to tout the threat against Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I think the threat against Bush is actually more actionable. But it's better for the paper sales to tout the threat against Obama.

There's enough nuts just on DU that would like to kill W, it's not even newsworthy anymore.